Batch Rendering Built Into DAZ

I kn ow there is a at least one batch rendering script out there.

What I would LOVE to see is Batch rendering built right into DAZ with the options to turn off, hibernate, ort sleep when done

Thanks for listening!

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

That would be great for overnight rendering.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

I've been using this since it first came out and it's very good. Simple and easy to use.  It works with both 3Delight and Iray.

https://www.daz3d.com/batch-render-for-daz-studio-4-and-rib

Cheers,

Alex.

• That would be great for overnight rendering.

Exactly!!!

• I've been using this since it first came out and it's very good. Simple and easy to use.  It works with both 3Delight and Iray.

Cheers,

Alex.

This is the one I use. Unfortunately, no option to sleep or shutdown after batch is completed.

I emailed Draagonstorm and he never replied :(

• Also, need the batch renderer to bypass the Duplicate Formula/assists warning as this will cause the batch to hang  

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,378

I've been using this since it first came out and it's very good. Simple and easy to use.  It works with both 3Delight and Iray.

Cheers,

Alex.

This is the one I use. Unfortunately, no option to sleep or shutdown after batch is completed.

I emailed Draagonstorm and he never replied :(

Draagonstorm was called Gail Kettleson. I have some bad news for you, the poor woman died following a stroke two or three Christmases ago. 

Alex.

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Also, need the batch renderer to bypass the Duplicate Formula/assists warning as this will cause the batch to hang  

This is a good point. The duplicate formula issue is normally just irritating and be clicked away, but in a batch render process it would be a killer. Of course we could hunt down the files causing the duplicate problem and there are tutorials showing you how to do it, but it just keeps popping up again from time to time. Since DS "knows" there is a duplicate file issue it would not take much programing for the DAZ devs to also point dirctly to the duplicate files when it finds them and make the process of dealing with duplicates smoother and easier.

• Also, need the batch renderer to bypass the Duplicate Formula/assists warning as this will cause the batch to hang  

This is a good point. The duplicate formula issue is normally just irritating and be clicked away, but in a batch render process it would be a killer. Of course we could hunt down the files causing the duplicate problem and there are tutorials showing you how to do it, but it just keeps popping up again from time to time. Since DS "knows" there is a duplicate file issue it would not take much programing for the DAZ devs to also point dirctly to the duplicate files when it finds them and make the process of dealing with duplicates smoother and easier.

Duplicate formula <> duplicate file (in fact, as far as I can tell DS has no problem coping with duplicate files). A duplicate formula error may be spread across two files, if both try to link properties of the same name, but it can also occur within a single file, for example from double-ERC Freezing or from hand-editing.