Are you new to Carrara - or just looking for answers?

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

I have worked many hours (days? weeks? longer?) compiling some of my own help topics as well as links to many of the help-related topics on this forum in the hopes that anyone looking for help has a place where they might hang out and find answers to the questions they have. There are many well-experienced Carrara users here, in the Carrara Discussions portion of the forums whom have already provided some excellent helpful advice on many of the most common, and not-so-common questions that come up.

Rather than having them have to repeat themselves, this type of link system is meant to help:
A - Get you to the answers you need quickly
B - Build upon those ideas so that the solutions can grow - as there are often many ways to solve dilemmas in Carrara

As for B, above: The way that this works best:
If you find your question in the list, but it wasn't answered in a way that helps you, post your specific needs in that same thread. Those whom have been participating will get an e-mail, and likely answer your question. This is what I mean by the solutions growing. Eventually these threads will be answering multitudes of queries rather than having duplicate question threads all over the place.

In all, I just hope that it helps.

The main thread is stickied:
►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄
This contains a full Table of Contents leading to a great, many topics. But the links system I was referring to is within that Table:
Forum Help Links
This useful index is categorized, so that you may more easily find the subject you need, and see some of the existing topic threads that are already on-going, but might be several pages of forum from the front page. Many of them are several pages long already, as more and more Carrara artists (I call us: Carraraists) answer the call with their expertise - or as several people work through it, one example at a time. It's amazing how much I find myself using this index for my own needs.

You will notice a good many resources throughout the table, and even more as you peruse the contents within each subject. There are links to various version of the Carrara User Manual, Video tutorials, Plugins FAQ, The 2010 Carrara Demo Reel video, and much, much more! So I hope that, if you do decide to come in and hang out for a while, that you leave with a smile ;)

Please keep in mind that I do get awfully busy in my 'away from the internet' times of my life. I'm a stonework extraordinaire in the landscaping profession - so I am away from the internet for long periods. I'm tired when I'm done working for the day - sometimes with just enough energy left to crank on some Clone Wars cartoons before I pass out! So there are times when the list really should be updated, but I haven't gotten to it yet. Fear not, my friends... I do get to updating. And when I do, I often post a thread, like this one, to let everybody know. Hmmm... imagine that. I must have been updating! I have. But there is still more updating necessary - and it will soon come. After all... it's getting cold outside - finally! All praise a good, hearty snowfall!

Editor of the Carrara Information Manual,
Dartanbeck

carrara8-5-4-daz-3d-3d-models.jpg
1669 x 778 - 166K
DR-Poster-Defend-2.jpg
1280 x 720 - 166K
Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited October 2013

I would be remiss if I didn't also point out that, in addition to our wonderful forum, here at DAZ 3D, we also have our own, amazing java joint:
    The Carrara Cafe, where you can read more articles, see more pictures, and get many more answers, freebies, and the C3DE Magazine! (Carrara 3D Expo)
    C3DE Magazine is totally amazing and awe inspiring! A must-read for any Carrara enthusiast!

C3DE-10.jpg
    425 x 600 - 25K
    carrara_cafe_logo_mh.png
    300 x 166 - 18K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on