Frazetta fantasy product line

I think something that wcould have a lot of potential is a product line (characters, animals, interiors, etc) bassed on the fantasy works of artist Frank Frazetta. He has a very specific way of drawing men (muscular and primal), and women (voluptuous, and powerful). You could even do the weird jungle locations and castles, along with the anilmals like giant snakes and the apemen (pictured below). 

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

You can already do this is you have the skills. there are plenty of outfits and morphs to create the figures, then you set up the scene and render and then spend hours inside photoshop postworking the render to get it to look like Frazettas style

There will never be exact copies of the Frazetta style in the store due to copyright violations. If anything, a plugin for photoshop with a filter that gets you closer to his style would be a much more viable option.

• I would think pose sets could be possible. Perhaps suggest over on Renderosity? I've seen free classic sci-fi poses, maybe someone would be willing to do pose packs based on Frazzeta's work. The only issue I see if choosing a generation, or perhaps just making a multi-generational pose pack. Like, using the available lizard men, along with gen8 male/female.

I would love to see some HDRIs based off his work. The Princess of Mars red planet would make for one heck of great HDRI, perhaps rebuilt with real-world textures...

Copyright is always an odd issue. I think, more than anything else, just some help with pose/backdrop would be perfectly fine. (Especially for those of us that have no talent in Photoshop)

I would think a "Classic Fantasy" themed pack of body morphs wouldn't trip the alarms. And some skin shaders - we already got "toon" style, why not oil paint style?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

The style is more than the posing, morphs and sets.

It's the colouring and the lighting that's most important, as without that an image would be just another generic fantasy scene. 

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Still would like a chainmail bikini set :)  like Powerage's but would like an updated set.  :) 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722
    edited February 2019
    TraceSL said:

Still would like a chainmail bikini set :)  like Powerage's but would like an updated set.  :) 

I welcome any warrior/barbarian skimpy outfits also. In the meantime, if you pick the Mec4D or any other metal/chainmail shaders, you can turn any loincloth or fabric into chainmail

chairnmail.jpg
    990 x 843 - 609K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

It's the colouring and the lighting that's most important, as without that an image would be just another generic fantasy scene. 

Well... there's a product idea. ;) Lighting and HDRI set for Frazetta-esque scenes would be cool!

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    Oso3D said:

Well... there's a product idea. ;) Lighting and HDRI set for Frazetta-esque scenes would be cool!

Very cool! Especially if in both 3Delight and Iray... are you volunteering???laugh

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

It’s a thought. Not really my area of experience.

Also I’d rather eat glass than work in 3dl again, heh

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Tricky bit is the postwork, much of the mystique was in how the colors blend together. A person could spend ages setting up the perfect scene with characters/costumes/ and props and render a great image that looks like a comicon photo, but to get the Frazzy feel you'd need to do a ton of post work in photoshop or GIMP.