Help for Horns

I recently bought the Tara HD pack. And while I love the "evil" (red) skin map, and while the horns are pretty nice...

I'm looking for something more specific for horns. I've got the skin applied to a character based off the "teen 8" bodystyle, and it looks great. If I can just find some horns that match the vision...

I was hoping the horns in the Tara package could be moved/morphed and then I could sorta fake it. I figure I can always load them without parenting them to the figure, and position them by hand, but then they are still too pointy (looking at the sideways-mounted horns)

I did take a look at an "EJ" fantasy races pack. Which had several horn options, but the one that I wanted was applied as a morph instead of a prop, so it would be rather difficult to recolor.

The closest I can find for reference photo is Lucy from Elfen Lied. I know these mimic ears (despite the fact that she has regular ears) but the position and outline is pretty much what I'm after.

I've learned by now that I get much better results when I ask you guys, rather than trying to figure out the magic word to type intot he search field in the catalog.

So. Any ideas? How close can I get to this outline? Anybody create Elfen Lied fanart? (That last is just because I'd love to see it, lol)

maxresdefault.jpg
1280 x 720 - 131K

Comments

• Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65
    edited February 2019

Hmm to recreate that style I'd suggest Little Lady Fox's Thistle character. The ears add on are almost a spot on and can be adjust somewhat. (edit: almost forgot you can just 0 opasity the ear hairs)

For a more universal horn, I still to this day use G2F Creature Creator Horns, it was the last iteration that gave the user full control over the horns. (G3f was just a stagnate preset collection) The G2F has litterally thousands of variations due to an extensive easy pose and segmented bone chain.

Post edited by Risk3D on
  • Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Here are some pics that might help,

The thistle ears are solo and the G2f horns are shown on one of my fawn characters. I snubnosed one in case thats the look your hunting for. It has easypose scaling but each bone can be scaled individually to fine tune a rounded cone feel. (I manually paranted it to the bump morph of Tara2 Horn A but it can be poped into the side horn morphs as well)

Ears.jpg
    800 x 600 - 59K
    StubHorn.jpg
    800 x 600 - 200K
  • Here are some pics that might help,

The thistle ears are solo and the G2f horns are shown on one of my fawn characters. I snubnosed one in case thats the look your hunting for. It has easypose scaling but each bone can be scaled individually to fine tune a rounded cone feel. (I manually paranted it to the bump morph of Tara2 Horn A but it can be poped into the side horn morphs as well)

Does the g2 horn get along with g8?
  • I loved Elfen Lied :-)  Sorry, no fan art... but I do a lot of demons/faerie folk type stuff, and I am always looking for 'accessories'.  I have wishlisted the Thistle set (thanks for that!)  I really would like to see horns with more material areas, especially near the base so fur, flesh, or metallic textures could be added... and maybe accessories or morphs so that you could add the jewellry-type base to the horn, or metal/jewellry-tipped ends?  That and horns with more ridging details... of course, I also want fits so I can use them painlessly with G/G2, so I know that isn't happening ;-)

More anime-styled bits!  That, and interesting gloves (with long, flared petal-like cuffs, or morphable) are my current wishes to be tossed into the ocean of Daz.... just dreaming.  I really wish I knew how to model stuff.  The I'd go into my corner and not bother anyone ;-)

Here are some pics that might help,

• I know what you mean!

I'm starting to do my own book covers, and I keep telling myself, "If only X existed in DS..." I've had a sword and a pendant modeled, and a friendly modeler over on Renderosity modeled my '83 Dodge Ram truck. (Which is available for everyone!)

Before I can work on the rest of this scene, I need to get the horns correct. She's not a devil, mind you. Her appearance is the result of genetic manipulation done to the mother, who herself was grown in a jar. Sort of a one last FU from the protagonist of the first book. She enjoys making clothing for dolls, and plays a bit of dress-up herself since she can't really go anywhere.

While the Tara 2 skin is fantastic, the horns just don't do it for me. I'm going to pick up the g2f creature creator pack on payday, and probably the Thistle set as well. See what we can do.

And from there, I'll have what I need if I decide to do Elfen Lied fanart. And seriously, why woudn't I at that point? ;)

I loved Elfen Lied :-)  Sorry, no fan art... but I do a lot of demons/faerie folk type stuff, and I am always looking for 'accessories'.  I have wishlisted the Thistle set (thanks for that!)  I really would like to see horns with more material areas, especially near the base so fur, flesh, or metallic textures could be added... and maybe accessories or morphs so that you could add the jewellry-type base to the horn, or metal/jewellry-tipped ends?  That and horns with more ridging details... of course, I also want fits so I can use them painlessly with G/G2, so I know that isn't happening ;-)

More anime-styled bits!  That, and interesting gloves (with long, flared petal-like cuffs, or morphable) are my current wishes to be tossed into the ocean of Daz.... just dreaming.  I really wish I knew how to model stuff.  The I'd go into my corner and not bother anyone ;-)

Rose MK I (2).jpg
    720 x 1080 - 343K
  • Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? 

Daz.jpg
    640 x 640 - 226K
  • The outline is correct. It's not actually an ear. Just trying to get some more dome-shaped horns rather than all the sharp pointy ones, and would like them to be at roughly the same positions.

In Elfen Lied they were solid horns as well. It's only "cat-girl" in outline. If you watch, at the end of the finale, Lucy has part of her horn shot off, which shows a round cross section.

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for? 

• Nice,of them to release those new horn packs the other day. Looks dang good. Got my render cooking now, and boy is she a cutie.