Scaling the Backdrop ?

Hi there

How can one scale the backdrop image in the editing room?

Thanks

Mic

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You can't. Backdrop is scaled to fit the render frame.

Either change your render ratio to match your backdrop image,

or use a Billboard or Splat (under the insert menu) in the scene and apply your backdrop image in its shader.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer

As you write that the image is scaled to the render frame I want to be sure that we talk about the same thing.

I mean the backdrop set in the global tab in the editing room.

I think it is strange that an image that is placed to assist modeling is scaled to the render frame.

So if I change the render frame I change the image that I model after?

Thanks again

Mic

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Your question was too vague to consider that you meant the modeling template backdrops, but I believe that they work similarly. Haven't tried them yet - so I am unsure - but I think it's the same way - zoom in with the camera to change the scale of the backdrop. The template backdrops that you're referring to will not affect the render size/frame. But I'm fairly certain that, using the zoom controls (in the modeling room) will change the scale of the image. Of course, you'll first want to get the template the way you need it to be in an image editor. Then just model using the appropriate view: Left, front, top, for example. Set up these views before you begin modeling.

Does that help?

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry, I took "editing room" to mean Assemble room.... My bad.

• edited December 1969

Thanks to both of you for the reply

BTW zooming is not scaling...

Thanks
    Mic