Overbite, underbite and other non-perfect teeth

Since we have a few options for giving figures orthodonic braces, as well as shapes for children, teens and adults wouldn't it make sense to give artists options for the "before" stage of that dental work? For that matter what about people who haven't had that kind of dental work are are now adults? For that matter what about having visible amalgam fillings? (I was a patient at a dental schol who would use amalgam on buccal fillings for bicubids on back.)

I can find plenty of "snaggle teeth" and a gap in the central incisors but not like for someone like myself or my sister who had an overbite or the underbite common to someone with a weak chin.

What set this thinking off is I'm working on an image for a character from a novel who grew up with a major mental illness and I can't imagine her staying put in a dentist's chair for even a simple exam, much less put up with braces.

Comments

• This would be a great addition to the shapes available and help us to create different characters. Especially since teeth have a lot to do with the shape of the mouth and face!
  • Risk3DRisk3D Posts: 65

Not sure which model your using but Easy Teeth is available for all the G3 and G8 models and is perfect for adjusting each individual tooth in a character. As for Overbit/Under, this can angle each seperate tooth or for a uniform just select the upperteeth or lower teeth bones on the character and you can manually move them. I often use this on action screams where the curled lips show just a bit too much toothyness.

Also if looking for a non-chiseled jawline SickleYeld has a great set of morphs that include facial edits to reduce the jaw line better than just shrinking it with the default morphs. Works great when working on my styleized "nerd" toon characters.

Hope some of these help. :D

• An underbite and overbite can be caused by changes in the mandible or maxllia and can takes years of extensive equipment like rubber bands, headgear (which I think was originally invented by the Marque de Sade) and even breaking and resetting the jaw to fully correct. (Ask me how I know...)