Everyday Uniforms

SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
edited October 2013 in Product Suggestions

I would love to see a series of everyday uniforms made for characters. Not the "SEXY" fake looking school girl uniforms the little boys around these circles are famous for but real ones.

You have a firefight uniform from the V4 days that definitely needs to have an update. You should make it so you can change the patches and the names on the new ones.

The Astronauts, I've mentioned need something new but then You've also put out several restaurants, so we need Chef White uniforms with the funky hats.. I'd love to be able to customize the restaurant patches.

I think you guys could make a fortune on doing realistic uniforms and everyday clothing. Where are my village people of mens uniforms? O.K. so right now I can piece some of those outfits together but you get what I'm trying to say?

A lot of us are focused on making realistic art that can be used in everyday ads and tell stories about everyday people... not just woman who wear unusually skimpy clothing. Oh and if you're going to do strippers then where the heck is my stripper pole and poses to go with that? Oh and I need some poses to go with my wild west brothel I recently bought in one of your bundles.

But seriously... everyday uniforms. How about a one piece janitors outfit or flight deck suit... I mean when it comes to uniforms, the sky really is the limit and I think you guys are really forgetting an important market.

Fireman1a.jpg
1192 x 851 - 673K
Post edited by SnowPheonix on

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

Funny you should ask that. I'm actually developing a security set with police and construction expansions as we speak. Fire, now, that's a different and more complex ball game. Fuseling and I also plan versatile jumpsuits before too long.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

And I have a U.S. Navy uniform in the works. We (PA's) are aware of the deficit on such items, and I happen to know of a few others that are in the works, too, but are not my place to talk about.

• SnowPheonixSnowPheonix Posts: 896
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    And I have a U.S. Navy uniform in the works. We (PA's) are aware of the deficit on such items, and I happen to know of a few others that are in the works, too, but are not my place to talk about.

Sounds great... I was definitely thinking in terms of modern uniforms. You know what would be interesting would be a Uniform Supersuit. I know the current supersuit for Genesis has a starship uniform which is awesome but what if they took that into the direction of a morphing uniform... that way the users could totally design a uniform using all those presets.

Just thinking out loud but thanks for the feed back.

On that uniform.. not the crackerjacks outfit... Dungarees.. if you could make sure they have stenciled names that we can change and ranks, Seaman, Petty Officer, that would be AWESOME!

edited December 1969

Funny you should ask that. I'm actually developing a security set with police and construction expansions as we speak. Fire, now, that's a different and more complex ball game. Fuseling and I also plan versatile jumpsuits before too long.

You know... I just love your work. I'm a big fan of your morphing business suites. If anybody gets what I'm talking about its you. (mad respect)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,631
    edited December 1969

You know... I just love your work. I'm a big fan of your morphing business suites. If anybody gets what I'm talking about its you. (mad respect)

Thank you! I really appreciate hearing that.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited October 2013

Sounds great... I was definitely thinking in terms of modern uniforms. You know what would be interesting would be a Uniform Supersuit. I know the current supersuit for Genesis has a starship uniform which is awesome but what if they took that into the direction of a morphing uniform... that way the users could totally design a uniform using all those presets.

It's potentially useful also purchasing this similar product:

http://www.daz3d.com/g-suit-bodysuit-for-genesis

Very much like using the Supersuit, from what I've found (raising/lowering/recolouring), but with greater versatility of individual sections (I wasn't able to recolour collars with Supersuit, for instance, but can with this). After combining it with the Supersuit, itself, I've been getting some interesting results with creating certain types of costumes which aren't yet available.

Post edited by Xenomorphine on
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

BTW Slosh, just so you know, I'm the happy owner of Spex for Genesis package and I love it!

http://www.daz3d.com/spex-for-genesis

Thanks for having the foresight to include so many different variations of glasses for my renders. Great product. Just thought you should know. I look forward to purchasing a lot more from you. Great work. You made it so all my render characters can see clearly again!

slosh.jpg
    1192 x 851 - 74K
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    edited December 1969

I've been wanting a flight suit/jumpsuit forever. Plus futuristic uniforms that are functional and less smexy.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421
    edited December 1969

Plus futuristic uniforms that are functional and less smexy.

This so much...

There's definitely a place for fetishwear, but sometimes I look at certain categories of outfits for a serious scene and all there are for females are... Not exactly practical.

Not outside of a Japanese cartoon involving tentacles, anyway.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    edited December 1969

Hah! I like my sci-fi as real as possible, so normal everyday sci-fi uniforms for both genders is something I seriously need.

Sure, the characters can have smexy outfits for clubbing, but I want regular wear most of the time.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,693
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

BTW Slosh, just so you know, I'm the happy owner of Spex for Genesis package and I love it!

Thanks for having the foresight to include so many different variations of glasses for my renders. Great product. Just thought you should know. I look forward to purchasing a lot more from you. Great work. You made it so all my render characters can see clearly again!

What is that awesome glasswindow in the background? Is it from the DAZ store?

edited December 1969

Estroyer said:
    Slosh said:

What is that awesome glasswindow in the background? Is it from the DAZ store?

http://www.daz3d.com/baroque-grandeur

The colored lighting effect was done simply by placing a picture for the background... You can make it any picture and move your locations that way.

Happy rendering. :)

peacegirl1a.jpg
    500 x 650 - 71K
  • hermana5hermana5 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Continuing on the Uniform thread - can we have Overalls,boiler suits not dungarees the type of clothing off shore workers wear on a rig, or a mechanic wears main options are long and short sleeve they are not meant to be figure hugging as they are work clothes, a lot of trades people wear this type of uniform (telephone engineers, gas installers etc....look at S.P.V tactical suit for A3 to get the jist of what i mean and grease monkey - shaders for clean and dirty - thanks in advance