new features in Daz3d?

Hi, is this forum ok for asking about new features in Daz3d or is there another place. like a place to request some new features?

I would just like to put my 2 cents out there for what I would like to see in Daz3D someday.

Comments

• You can suggset a new feature here, or in the daz Studio forum, to get feedback (it may already exist, or dscussion may refine the idea). To make a feature request to Daz, however, you need a Technical Support ticket https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

• ok thank you. :)

• Hi, I would like to see in Daz3d sometime the ability to make copies of objects as easily as they do in 3DS Max or Maya or many of the other 3D software packages.

Just hold Shift and drag to create a new copy. It would make for creating scenes and forests or corridors or many other creations a breeze. Right now however you must go up to the top toolbar, and select create duplicate node. It is too long in my opinion.   

Another request I would like to see sometime in the future is the ability to drop an object to the ground floor just by clicking a button. I know Eon software Vue has that ability and I think it would be great for positing objects to the ground so they get correct shadows. as many times I am trying to get a character to have good shadows I must position both feet at a perfect height above the ground floor just to get correct shadows, if only one foot is slightly below the ground floor it will through the whole image off as it will make the character look like he or she is floating in mid air.

anyways, I would like to see these 2 things if possible in future versions of the software. :)

• Hi, I would like to see in Daz3d sometime the ability to make copies of objects as easily as they do in 3DS Max or Maya or many of the other 3D software packages.

Just hold Shift and drag to create a new copy. It would make for creating scenes and forests or corridors or many other creations a breeze. Right now however you must go up to the top toolbar, and select create duplicate node. It is too long in my opinion.   

Window>Workspace>Customise, find the Duplicate function on the left (it's under Edit), and either drag it to a Tool bar or right-click and select Change Keyboard Shortcut, then press a key combination you want to use. Modifier-drag isn't possible, but you should at least be able to have a key press to trigger duplicate.

Another request I would like to see sometime in the future is the ability to drop an object to the ground floor just by clicking a button. I know Eon software Vue has that ability and I think it would be great for positing objects to the ground so they get correct shadows. as many times I am trying to get a character to have good shadows I must position both feet at a perfect height above the ground floor just to get correct shadows, if only one foot is slightly below the ground floor it will through the whole image off as it will make the character look like he or she is floating in mid air.

cmd(Mac)/ctrl(Win) D

anyways, I would like to see these 2 things if possible in future versions of the software. :)

• acharyapolinaacharyapolina Posts: 726
    edited February 2019

ok cool thank you so much!!!

I did what you sugested and it is perfect. thank you once again it is great!!!

Post edited by acharyapolina on