Carrara 8 Pro Presets in Windows 7

sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'm reinstalling after getting a new computer. Somehow or other, my old Carrara preset folder is intact and on another hard-drive, which was never used for programs - it's my data drive. My new C: drive is dinky and only used for the OS and software. I don't even like that Windows uses it for temporary storage. So I certainly don't want content installed there. But I can't figure out how to get it to recognize the Preset folder on the other hard-drive. I even reinstalled the native content over there, hoping that Windows would stuff an entry into the registry or something and Carrara would miraculously see it. But no luck... Does it HAVE to be in the same directory that Carrara is in?

Comments

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited October 2013

It does not matter where the files of contents are placed.
    In Carrara, in your browser, you open the part “Content”, and the icon on the right.
    You click on “Add Runtime” and you locate all your files “runtime” (Carrara, Poser).
    After, you restart Carrara.

PS: you can do the same thing for "Objects", "Shaders"...

Capture.JPG
    1858 x 118 - 76K
    Post edited by DUDU on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Does it HAVE to be in the same directory that Carrara is in?
    In order for it to automatically appear... yes. However there is a workaround:

In each tab that has presets, go to the little black (File/Menu Options) icon just above the browser on the far right and use "Add Folder".

In Scenes, Add Folder and navigate to what should be going to Carrara > Scenes.
    Select each folder individually to get all the different categories - or just add the scenes folder once, and access that to get to the others.

The other ones should be found within the Carrara Presets folder.

Does that help?

• sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992
    edited December 1969

Yep. That got me going again. Thanks!