Hairy Genesis bceomes Alopecic when changing rendering level - any solutions?

Hya

As part of today's bumpathon I have just started to play with genesis and give him Carrara hair.

I want to develop my character with low rendering levels until ready for the final render.

But when I change rendering levels from 0 to 2 etc all my Carrara hair goes hay wirey.

Apart from working with the higher resolutions does anyone have any suggestions

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

New one to me. surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

ha ha yes, when I change the rendering level and go into the hair room again I am given a much higher resoloution figure to work on .....

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334

New one to me. surprise

New one to me as well, must investigate, will let you know if I find out anything useful.

thanks! sorry didn't see your reply :(

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

is probably changing the UV mapping too, oddly Genesis 8 didn't do this for me with hair changing resolution but it DID do it applying displacement 

some mesh changes seem to be seen by the hair room as changing vertex order others it's ok with

I have yet to figure out just what does it specifically 

thank you Detective Wendy :)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Mwbbe use a duplicate body as.a body hair cap?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

Apart from working with the higher resolutions does anyone have any suggestions

thanks in advance :)

don't use level two... I only ever go as high as one... when I remember cool  devil

well I just tested and saw no change

what DOES affect it is UV and displacement and possibly you are triggering a change in one or the other adding subdivision, check your shaders also genesis has multiple UV's for different characters and changing them will affect the hair badly

thanks Wendy, just changing rendering levels, will post pic later - not changing shaders as far as I am aware - the mesh in the hair room comes in much more subdivided when change rendering levels ??? thanks agin !

edited March 2019

thanks Wendy, just changing rendering levels, will post pic later - not changing shaders as far as I am aware - the mesh in the hair room comes in much more subdivided when change rendering levels ??? thanks agin !

you don't have to there could be a shader there already affected by subdivision 

I cranked both render subdivision and model subdivision up on the same haired character with no change to the hair but displacement even in a cornea shader will break the hair and and UV changes even just adding shading domains.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

hya Wendy thanks for that here are the images - you can see the resolution  in hair room changes with changes in render level

from left to right image 1 render level o, render level 1

image 2 render level 0,1,2

velly interwesting 

scrap2.jpg
    1446 x 1126 - 784K
    scrap-1.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 1001K