Is there currently any free trial version of Poser?

guilledcfguilledcf Posts: 75
edited March 2019 in Poser Discussion

[Is there currently any free trial version of Poser?] Title says it. I'd like to have a copy just to try my own content. But I cant seem to find any :\

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• I suspect that would be pusshing it on the license terms.

Please don't just refer to the thread title, make sure you include the information in the body of the post (it will even save you some key strokes if you do ctrl a, ctrl c, ctrl v).

• guilledcfguilledcf Posts: 75
    edited March 2019

Thak you Richard. I'll keep that in mind.

Which license terms tho? Poser (afaik non-existing) trial version's? If I create my content in other apps and use a free version just to check if it loads properly -- well I cant see how that would break any ToS. Poser wouldn't be used at all to create the content, I'd be using Blender and Daz... or that's the idea -- Im not sure if that's even technically possible with Poser 11. 

Post edited by guilledcf on
  • Sorry, I misread and thought you wanted the Poser content.

• guilledcfguilledcf Posts: 75

No problem. You can never be too careful when ToS are involved!

So... no trial version, right? I think I'm just gonna leave my poserfriendly delusions behid and be damned :(

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

No problem. You can never be too careful when ToS are involved!

So... no trial version, right? I think I'm just gonna leave my poserfriendly delusions behid and be damned :(

The only freebie I know of was Poser 5 given out waaaaay back in the day. I don't know if there's any reliable legal way to get it free or even cheap now. I got an upgrade to P11 for $36 on sale, plus a birthday gift store credit. So I guess it's more luck than anything else.

• Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,587

If you are just looking for a cheap verison of poser I would check and see if you have a half price books store in your area. I've seen older copies of poser on the shelves.