Realtime GPU render engine?

Daz3D is a great discovery and at just the right time for our illustration team! One thing we are currently using alongside this great tool is Unreal Engine 4, which has fantastic REALTIME rendering through the GPU. Also we are testing out Blender's new REALTIME renderer Evee [which is open source btw]. Would the developers at Daz3d consider the possibilities of using such technology? Realtime rendering is SO good these days and surely Daz3d would benefit from this pathway, considering the time-saving benefits for its users. The Nvidia Iray is great for sure, but not very fast in comparison.
Any thoughts anyone??

Comments

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,215

Realtime renderers are fast, but not so good at rendering people, especially with hair, skin(subsurface shading), caustics(light refracting through surfaces) and other advanced effects. They trade accuracy for speed. Having a realtime renderer for previews would be convenient, but I'd want the final render to be a PBR engine. Personally, I'd just be happy if they had one that could use ATI cards with Nvidia.

• ropewashropewash Posts: 0

I'd settle for the same rendering engine but with better memory management. Instead of trying to cram the entire scene into VRAM and dropping back to 100% CPU when it doesn't fit.