how does Dynamic cloth work as I forgot

Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
edited March 2019 in Poser Discussion

Old:

For some reason poser will not open any content found in external runtimes.  I am not sure what is causing it.  I am thinking of restarting the computer to see if that helps.

New I got the content to work but now I forgot how to use Dynamic cloth.  I got a brand new dress for LaFemme and I figured out how to load the dress but it is a prop.  I have not used poser in such a long time but since I bought it I thought I should use it more.  LaFemme looks stupid just standing in the tpose just because I do not remember how to use dynamic cloth in Poser.

Post edited by Sfariah D on

Comments

• rrwardrrward Posts: 556

Are the runtimes on the local computer or a network share on a server? I've run into some applications that can'topen files on a network share if you haven't opened the share first.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    rrward said:

Are the runtimes on the local computer or a network share on a server? I've run into some applications that can'topen files on a network share if you haven't opened the share first.

Oh the runtimes are in my one drive and it somehow got turned off.  Once I turned it back on I could load the content, but now I forgot how to use the dynamic outfit I wanted to use.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2019

Miss Bad Wolf, it's a lot like animated timeline in dForce. I set the frames to 60 total, then set the pose at around 30 and create a keyframe for it. 

Then go into the cloth room and create the simulation. You want to make sure the new sim has "self collision" checked. 

Then set it to collide against La Femme. I make sure if she's got hair on that it's unchecked, as well as anything else. If it's a long dress, make sure there's a floor to collide against as well. You may want to have it ignore head, hand and foot collisions depending on the pose and the clothing.

For Blackhearted's Red Dress, you need the head collisions to keep it on. Otherwise, the dress will come off in sitting and prone poses. It's the herky jerky way Poser puts the figures into those positions. The dress also needed a lot of time to settle, this was 200 frames and I could've gone longer: 

For items like Kaleya's Medieval gown for La Femme, hand collisions are needed as well as colliding with the floor. The sleeves also need plenty of frames to settle. This was at 90 frames: 

Lordy, I did a butt load for La Femme items lately. Learned a lot about Poser and Superfly, LOL. Lots of trial and error, plus postwork! 

Give-a-Hand-Femme-Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 367K
    Maya1-Llynara.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • rrwardrrward Posts: 556
    rrward said:

Oh the runtimes are in my one drive and it somehow got turned off.  Once I turned it back on I could load the content, but now I forgot how to use the dynamic outfit I wanted to use.

I've run into that befiore. Windows sometimes puts USB drives to sleep if not used in a while. I got around that my opening the drive up in File Explorer before using any applications dependant on those drives.