Commercial game made with Carrara

EyosEyos Posts: 114
edited October 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hi Everyone,
For more than a year I was developing a game for iPhone and iPad called ‘Crush Shop’ (later I will likely port it to Android too). This is a 2D game, although I tried to make it feel somewhat 3D. I’ve made all the graphics and all the animations in Carrara, which proved to be a fabulous 3D software. At some point I was not sure if Carrara was up to the task, and even bought cheaply an old version of Lightwave. Well, I learned during the process that the one that was not up to the task... was me. :-) It was a matter of knowing how to operate Carrara, not Carrara’s capabilities.

All the graphics in the game were made with Carrara 8 without post work at all. The only things that were not made in Carrara, are the fire and smoke effects. This game consists of hundreds of short animations (close to 400...) that are controlled by the logic of the game. Programming it was a challenge, but the part that I enjoyed the most was working with Carrara. I attach a few pictures of the game below, you surely recognise some of the items. :-)

I've made a version for iPad:
Off Site Commercial link removed

...and a version for iPhone: (4s and above)
Off Site Commercial link removed

iPad_Screen_4.png
1024 x 768 - 870K
iPad_Screen_3.png
1024 x 768 - 792K
iPad_Screen_2.png
1024 x 768 - 771K
iPad_Screen_1.png
1024 x 768 - 777K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow. Congratulations! Looks great!

If I may ask, what software did you decide on to control the game?

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Well, I've checked a few and CT Fusion seemed to be best solution for such a game.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

This is excellent news!

Like Holly I would also like to know what you use to control and develop the game.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

So that's what you've been (quietly) doing all this time? Very cool! I can't wait to try the Android version when available.

Ouch! Not the three-ton Smash!!! Ouch! And then comes the torch! How freaking awesome is this?!!!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Please note the DAZ 3D Commercial advertising rules, as outlined in the DAZ 3D EULA

You can mention where it is available, but we cannot allow the direct links. Sorry.

edited December 1969

Well, there is also an industrial magnet that lift iron made items, so you get extra points for recycling things.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Please note the DAZ 3D Commercial advertising rules, as outlined in the DAZ 3D EULA

You can mention where it is available, but we cannot allow the direct links. Sorry.

Ok, sorry for that.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

Eyos said:
    chohole said:

Ok, sorry for that.

how cool is that? congrats Eyos!
    Now you are allowed to give us clues how to locate the game.

eg google "eyos ipad crocodile game"??

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Eyos said:
    chohole said:

Ok, sorry for that.

how cool is that? congrats Eyos!
    Now you are allowed to give us clues how to locate the game.

eg google "eyos ipad crocodile game"??

Thanks head wax!
    Holly written a post about the game in CarraraCafe, with direct links to the game at the bottom of the article.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Looks great and good to see Carrara being used for this!

• KerynaKeryna Posts: 101
    edited December 1969

Wow great work Eyos, wishing you good things from this project. Glad to hear Carrara did the trick for you.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the comments and the warm greetings. The people on this forum are a joy to communicate with and the forum spirit is really supportive.
    Thanks everyone!! :-)