Clearing keyframes without going through each nested objects in Carrara Pro 8

stijillstijill Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've created a group of objects. and when I copy those objects to another document it's all in scattered pieces, as if i started to build it from primitives. I tried saving it to my objects presets library and when I drag that in a document it's all out of "wack".

I even tried placing the the exact place in the timeline and still everything is scattered and in pieces. Without having to un-collapse each objects settings in the timeline and manually removing the key frames.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,374
    edited December 1969

Moving to Carrara Discussion.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

There's not a lot of info to go by here. But here's a start, with what little I know so far:
    See if you can make an NLA track for the whole group, and then use the new NLA tab to create an NLA clip - which gives you the option to delete all keyframes in the process.

• stijillstijill Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry I wasn't a little more descriptive. But I'll try it.

what-its-not.jpg
    1317 x 776 - 294K
  • stijillstijill Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is what is suppost to look like. I had to manually rebuild it on the same timeline position

whats-it-is.jpg
    1308 x 775 - 270K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Yeah... sorry for the headache.
    It's always good practice to build your models and save them to the browser right away before moving them from point zero, and especially before animating them.

If all else fails, go into the timeline and open all hierarchies by clicking all of the little white triangles. Then drag your selection around all keys except for those at timeline 0 (zero) (sometimes, deleting keys from timeline zero will delete the model, or otherwise break it)
    and then delete the selected keys.

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

stijill said:
    I've created a group of objects. and when I copy those objects to another document it's all in scattered pieces, as if i started to build it from primitives. I tried saving it to my objects presets library and when I drag that in a document it's all out of "wack".

I even tried placing the the exact place in the timeline and still everything is scattered and in pieces. Without having to un-collapse each objects settings in the timeline and manually removing the key frames.

this is my method.
    when I have everything set where I want it I create a group of all objects.
    I switch the lower bar to browser.
    I have created a "my objects folder"
    I drag that group title into the browser.
    I close project. Create a new one and drag that " object" into the scene.
    You may need to delete animation data which you can also do before you create object.
    this has never failed me, and you get a nice thumbnail as well.
    hope this helps