Review section for shop

I don't know if it goes here or somewhere else. but why is this not a thing? Sometimes I'd like to know exactly what I can with something before I buy it, find out I can't do what I want and wish someone would have been able too say they tried that already and didn't succeed. Lets us know the limitations and and quirks the artist didn't know about (or want to say).

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,123
    Coryllon said:

I don't know if it goes here or somewhere else. but why is this not a thing? Sometimes I'd like to know exactly what I can with something before I buy it, find out I can't do what I want and wish someone would have been able too say they tried that already and didn't succeed. Lets us know the limitations and and quirks the artist didn't know about (or want to say).

These forums usually have all the feedback from users, experiences with products, etc. You can either do a search (I suggest an outside search engine, such as Google), or use the browser addon, which links the relevant forum threads directly to the product pages. More info about this addon is here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/106296/announcing-daz-deals-browser-add-on/p1

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

The idea of reviews has been covered before, and the general consensus is that conventional reviews aren't that helpful.

Just look at the reviews at Renderosity; most are done by fans of those products, and mostly point out the products' good points without the bad. I know, because I read them, and I also post reviews that don't gloss over problems, and on rare occasions that gets me criticism by one or two fans (I emphasise rare occasions).

As Ati said, these forums do a better job than reviews, in my opinion.

• The idea of reviews has been covered before, and the general consensus is that conventional reviews aren't that helpful.

Indeed. Many requests seem to be from people that say if other, bigger sites do it, all store sites should do it.

Just look at the reviews at Renderosity; most are done by fans of those products, and mostly point out the products' good points without the bad. I know, because I read them, and I also post reviews that don't gloss over problems, and on rare occasions that gets me criticism by one or two fans (I emphasise rare occasions).

I've heard that at other store sites, the appearence of a negative or not overwhelming positive review tends to result in said review not staying around for long.

As Ati said, these forums do a better job than reviews, in my opinion.

I presonally think general discussion and interaction with the PA here (some do spend time here even though tech support is supposed to be handled through DAZ) is the best way to do things. Other folks are free to have their own opinions, right?

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

... Other folks are free to have their own opinions, right?

Absolutely!

And, BTW, I've never had a review removed from Rendo, though I have changed a couple of my reviews myself, after the vendors involved updated their products.