My Final Verdict

I've struggled with Carrara for many years. I remain totally frustrated that DAZ never saw fit to produce a written software manual. I bought a book for an old Carrara version, and found it useless. DAZ has abandonced Carrara (yes, there is some double-talk involved.) I'll never learn Carrara with the non-existant resources I've seen so far.

Carrara is just another example of money wasted on some DAZ software. 

Comments

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

how do you see something that is non existant... wow

it's a shame that you can't grasp Carrara with the vast posts and information on how to use it but I don't see the point of your post telling all that you can't grasp it with stuff that isn't available that you see.

I wouldn't see it as money wasted, rather as a paid learning experience that the next piece of software I try I'll use the demo first to see if I can understand it.. 

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,763

I've followed the links to threads that are full of people arguing over the facts. I've gone to Carrara Cafe and seen nothing but old forum posts. When I buy software, I expect to get a product that works for me. I don't want to philosophize about my losses.

• MerKhrysMerKhrys Posts: 89

Whereas you can't really say resources are non-existant, it's true Carrara's documentation leaves a lot to be desired. There is a big (electronic) manual supplied with Carrara. But whereas I'm using Carra 8.5, the manual is Carrara 7's.

The first version of Carrara I owned is 7, and I started to learn to use it with this manual.

But I really learned to use Carrara with v8 and Phil Wilkes' fantastic tutorials.

I agree there is lots of valuable information in this forum, but it's random pieces of information, it's not organized, it's hard to find something.

And that's about all. Afaik, there are no other active forum about Carrara, and when you ask google or search on youtube, you don't get many relevant answers, often none. This forum is about the only source of information left.

Anyway, since developpement has been stopped for years, there's no point in starting to learn to use Carrara now.

With no further developpement, limited support (no more bug corrections), not natively compatible with their last 2 generations of characters, Daz should be ashamed to continue to sell it.  They should at least put a warning.