April 2019 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge

1235»

Comments

• dtrscbrutaldtrscbrutal Posts: 471

Wow, so many great images this month! I don't know where to start. I hate to leave anyone out because I think everyone in the challenge has done wonderful work, so I am just going to say great job to everyone! 

• sueyasueya Posts: 826

This is my final version of my image. I was planning to add some DOF but I couldn't get it to look good.

• including one more before this ends

the entire thing is Iray on Daz 4.10 only post production specle reduction.

oups also had to save as Jpeg. 

carmalita1f.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • NOT AN ENTRY

I got my GPU sorted and had some free time today to create this scene as practice. There a lot of problems with the car paint that I need to see how to fix those, but a just for fun trial.

Taking a Ride 2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Taking a Ride Mid Shot.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

This challenge is now closed.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

• CarlCGCarlCG Posts: 114

@dtrscbrutal  That first image is a really unique concept and the amount of weapon props you used looks epic. The second one "Dreamlight" is incredible.You did some seriously fantastic work with the figure's skin and lighting, it looks like such a high quality piece. When you say "Dreamlight" are you just referring to your own dream lighting like you mentioned, or did you use a lighting set from Dreamlight the PA/Vendor who sells products in the Daz store? I hope you use this setup to do some more renders too, I would love to see more with the skin and/or lighting looking like this.

• CarlCGCarlCG Posts: 114

@ariochsnowpaw Thanks so much, I appreciate you saying that. Funny thing is, I've only used the Expression Smoother for the opposiite effect-to increase detail caused by the expression.

@testingtesterson35 The vast majority of the props in the first image were freebies or I picked up for just a few dollars each. It was a fun image to create, though I think it would have been more timely close to April fools' day. Mother Nature had other plans.
     I totally zoned-out that a vendor is using that name in spite of admiring several of their products. LOL No commercial products used for lighting.
     I will revert to my initial title of "Dreamed Light" for any further posts. As far as lighting, it is pretty simplistic, two planes and two emissives. I wanted the focus on the figure but still have it grounded in a scene instead of an empty space, such as a black background. 
     Thank you so much for the compliment. Several weeks of work went into that image, mostly learning to work with a new set of tools to get the results I wanted, lots of trial and error. Still so much to learn.
     I found your post about using the pixel filter very interesting, I need to do some work with that. The detail you achieved in "What Are You...What Are We?" is very impressive. I particularly like "Biohaz A-Zone" though, that monochrome blue is awesome, great atmo and composition as well. Looks like it could have been lifted off the big screen. Excellent images.

@sueya That Advanced Spotlight is really working well for you. Looks like a very good tool for 3DL rendering.

@dragoneyes002 Lots of detail in your image, good pool set too.

@sisyphus1977xx I have not seen a lot of characters in cars renders, it is a very cool idea.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818
    edited May 2019

April 2019

Showcased Participants for the April Open Render Challenge

Originality is Key

Given to the person who created a scene that showed a unique perspective or voice.

The New User we felt best showcased that this month was cordg_d200ab8c09

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

Together Again
    Given to the person who created a complex scene with multiple elements.

The New User we felt best showed that this month was Coryllon

It's All About Mood
    Given to the person who created an image that conveyed a certain mood or emotion.

The New User we felt best showcased that this month was alisa53

New User Welcome

sub0chick_13366e7840

cordg_d200ab8c09.jpg
    2500 x 1628 - 759K
    Coryllon.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 1M
    alisa53.png
    1000 x 1618 - 3M
    sub0chick_13366e7840.jpg
    672 x 874 - 92K
    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,818

CONGRATULATIONS! to all the Challenge Winners as well as all the participants! You all did an amazing job! heartsmiley

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited May 2019

Congratulations to the winners and all participants. All amazing images this month.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited May 2019

So many outstanding images created last month, great work everyone, and congratulations to the showcased!

Post edited by dtrscbrutal on
  • CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 280
    Thank you, all. It was a serious challenge and I am still adding to it because I am obsessed. I though for sure I would be passed over. There are so many awesome ones on here that looked far better to me. I am shocked and honored that I was selected.