Bryce 7.1 Pro Undo doesn't work in terrain editor

egehlinegehlin Posts: 29
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but the undo feature doesn't work for me in the Bryce 7.1 Pro terrain editor. I've tried it on both of my computers (Windows Vista and Windows 8) without success.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Doesn't work in the terrain editor panel, true, you have to go back to the mains screen and click undo from there, most annoying, but unfortunately at the moment we are stuck with it.

It only ever worked for one level of undo even in older versions.

• egehlinegehlin Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Too bad...I've been using 6.3 and thought I'd try 7.1 Pro which I bought some time ago. I use the terrain undo a lot to paint features into my terrains after using the fractal button in the terrain editor. Guess I'll just build my terrains in 6.3 and import them into 7.1 Pro. Bryce 6.3 objects seem to work well in 7.1 Pro so I should be okay.

Hopefully someone at DAZ will get around to addressing Bryce sometime in the near future. I won't hold my breath though but I won't give up hope.

Thanks for your reply!!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

egehlin said:
    Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but the undo feature doesn't work for me in the Bryce 7.1 Pro terrain editor. I've tried it on both of my computers (Windows Vista and Windows 8) without success.

Any suggestions?

Though the icon is indeed non-functional in Bryce 7, you can still undo while in the terrain editor by pressing ctrl +z. Luckily that trick still works.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,270
    edited December 1969

Haven't seen you around for ages, Eric. Welcome back and fun with Bryce 7.1. Yes, and Rashad is quite right, I use it all the time.

edited December 1969

Ooh, and yet again I learn something I didn't know, thanks Rashad.

edited November 2013

Thanks Rashad, you're a lifesaver!! It seems that the more comfortable you get with a software program the more you can forget about it. I've been a Bryce user since the Bryce 3D days and have become so comfortable with it's visual, user-friendly interface that I've forgotten many of the key board functions. That's embarrassing!!

Horo: Thanks also for your response. It's true that I've been away from the Bryce/Daz community for some time but I promise you'll hear from me more in the future.

chohole: Thanks again for your responses as well. As you point out there's always something new to learn(even if ,as in my case, it's something you already knew and then forgot).

Very best regards to all!!!

Eric

Post edited by egehlin on
    edited December 1969

Yes. I have been using Bryce since Bryce 2, but didn't actually know that keyboard shortcut. THat could have saved me lots of struggling in the past as well as now. :roll:

I have only had a machine capable of running Br 7 for just over a year now, was actually still working with Bryce 5 till I got this new machine.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,270
    edited December 1969

This little document http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceKybdShorties.pdf lists probably all shortcuts, at least the ctrl+z for the TE.

edited December 1969

very useful, thankyou

edited November 2013

Many thanks for this list, Horo! I've just printed it out and have it on my desk for study and quick reference.

Post edited by egehlin on
  • Steve-LSteve-L Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yes. I have been using Bryce since Bryce 2, but didn't actually know that keyboard shortcut. THat could have saved me lots of struggling in the past as well as now. :roll:

I have only had a machine capable of running Br 7 for just over a year now, was actually still working with Bryce 5 till I got this new machine.

CTRL-Z isn't Bryce specific undo command, it's a general Windows feature that works in almost if not all software running under Windows of all ages. Other handy ones to use are:

CTRL+Z - Undo
    CTRL+Y - Redo
    CTRL+X - cuts highlighted text/objects
    CTRL+C - copies highlighted text/objects
    CTRL+V - pastes the last thing cut or copied

Hope this helps :)

edited December 1969

CtrlC and CtrlV get overworked on my PC. I even find myself using them when making textures in Photoshop :roll:

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    CtrlC and CtrlV get overworked on my PC. I even find myself using them when making textures in Photoshop :roll:

Oh me too Pam, I use those over and over and over again in PhotoShop.
    In fact the only one I don't use much is Ctrl+X, to frightening to cut something completely.