Can you create a morph slider that adjusts surface settings?

Hopefully this is the right place to ask. I saw a product suggestion for a tool for applying a red-faced blush to characters and it got me thinking about having a dial that increases / decreases the opacity of a "blush" layer. Seems like it would be a simple way to dip my feet into scripting for DS.

Comments

• It is possible to link a surface property to a node property, but as far as I am aware it has to be done via a script - there isn't a way to do it in the UI.

• ParadigmParadigm Posts: 421

It is possible to link a surface property to a node property, but as far as I am aware it has to be done via a script - there isn't a way to do it in the UI.

Thanks Richard. That's a bummer. I've seen some scripts that create popups (mjcasual does this a lot). Would it be able to be "UI'd" if I did something like that?

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2019

It can be done with a combination of 2 scripts (available in the DAZ Studio documentation center). A Create script and a Properties script.

Edit - But these have nothing to do with the UI, so maybe not what you're looking for.

Post edited by maclean on
  • Well, you could certainly create a dialogue box in a script and give it lists of surfaces and then of their proeprties, let the user pick one and pick a node on the model for the cotnroller, and create the link. It wouldn't be drag-and-drop though.