installing C6 or 7 under OSX Mavericks

Eric WinemillerEric Winemiller Posts: 84
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried installing Carrara 6 or 7 under OSX Mavericks and had any luck? I got around the font issue by copying my preference files from another machine, but it doesn't seem to want to save my serial number so each time I launch Carrara again I have to reenter it. It seems to be accepting it (I see my name and serial number on the splash screen), it's just not being saved.

Thanks,

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried installing Carrara 6 or 7 under OSX Mavericks and had any luck? I got around the font issue by copying my preference files from another machine, but it doesn't seem to want to save my serial number so each time I launch Carrara again I have to reenter it. It seems to be accepting it (I see my name and serial number on the splash screen), it's just not being saved.

Thanks,

I think Richard Chaos and some others had a serial number issue similar to yours, but with C8.5. They enabled the Root user and installed or entered the serial number as the root user. Remember for security, to turn the root user option off when you are done!
  • Eric WinemillerEric Winemiller Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

Yep. That did it. Thanks.

• thomllamathomllama Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

not working for me :( what am I doing wrong?

edited December 1969

thomllama said:
    not working for me :( what am I doing wrong?

I don't know. ;-)

What are you doing? Is it the same issue as the OP on a Mac?

Also, I don't think C6 or C7 is supported on Mavericks, so your mileage may vary.

• thomllamathomllama Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

I got it, I was creating a root user but wasn't logging out of my admin into the root user acct. Once I did it worked

Carrara 7 is working fine under maverick (so far)

edited December 1969

thomllama said:
    I got it, I was creating a root user but wasn't logging out of my admin into the root user acct. Once I did it worked

Carrara 7 is working fine under maverick (so far)

Glad you got it working! I love C7!