DIM - Reinstalled OS - Clear "Ready to download" list?

x_74baef6440x_74baef6440 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi all,

I have a Library (on non-default directory) which I used Install Manager on, and it worked great.

For unrelated reasons, I erased and reinstalled my system. I installed DIM 1.0.1.90, changed the Library directory, and used it to install Daz Studio 4.6.

I set the Library directory for Daz Studio to match DIM.

I used the "Content DB Maintenance" in Daz Studio 4.6, and all of my products show up just as they did before the reinstall.

When I go into DIM, it tells me I have 301 files ready for download, which are all the same as what I had installed into the library previously.

QUESTION:

Is there a way for DIM to check the Library and remove the packages from the "Ready to Download" list that are already installed?

I tried to check off just one file and see what would happen.. it tries to download the package, which I don't want it to do!

If DIM is supposed to manage my installed packages, it needs to be able to enumerate which packages I already have installed? This seems like a fundamental element, so I figure I'm just missing something...

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have a backup from before the OS reinstall? DIM saves a file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\ManifestFiles for each zip indicating where it was installed, what version it was, and the exact files installed. If you don't have that, but you do have the zips, place the zips in DIM's download directory (default is C:\Users\Public\Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager\Downloads ) and DIM will at least know they've been downloaded. You can then reinstall them on top of the existing files, then go to Settings > Installation, right-click on the install location, and select "Fix Installed File Registry" -- that tells DIM that even though the files were already there, it shouldn't leave them there if you uninstall a product. There will be a string of errors in the log file that you can ignore.