Getting through v4 hierarchy

Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

V4 has an enormous hierarchy to scroll through in carrara - is there a was to reduce this back to just the standard bones - not sure why I have so much other stuff showing.

thanks

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

V4 has an enormous hierarchy to scroll through in carrara - is there a was to reduce this back to just the standard bones - not sure why I have so much other stuff showing.

thanks

I select all those extras and group them. It goes faster if you group the ones on the same tree, such as the ones on the same tree as the left leg, or chest for instance. Then save the figure to your object browser for later use. The only one that hoses grouping is one called figure morphs.down towards the bottom of the hierarchy. It won't group. Just elect the junk around it and leave it deselected and you should be able to group the other stuff.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    edited December 1969

thanks

I find that troublesome as well.
    From what I gather, these are all the deformers attached to the figure.
    My question is, Do they need to be there, or do they have any effect in Carrara?
    If they are needed, is there a way to hide them?

If You "Import" the cr2 rather the 'drag and drop' from the browser you are given the option as to weather or not you want the deformers to import with the figure, which tidies up the properties panel, but I'm wondering what "functional effect" that has on the figure?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

They show up in Poser as well, but at least it is easy to see which is what, as the "working" bits are in bold in the HE

bits_of_Vicky.jpg
    313 x 338 - 86K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm telling you, group that stuff!

Before and after:

Picture_1.png
    190 x 382 - 17K
    Picture_2.png
    218 x 866 - 56K