Plant factory PLE for free.

c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

You can download it here : http://www.plantfactory-tech.com/download/

The Personal Learning Edition of Plant Factory is a fully functional version of Plant Factory Producer that lets you save your work and never expires. It is designed for artists and students wanting to get to grips with the best plant solution on the market, without punching a hole in their wallet.

Time-limited trials of the other products in the Plant Factory product line (Plant Factory Studio, Designer and Artist) are also availabe. The Plant Factory Trial Versions are designed to offer you a way to evaluate each specific version before making any purchasing decisions.

Personal Learning Edition :

Plant Factory Producer allows artists to author fully custom intricate 3D plant models in concert with their production workflow. Users can hand-draw plants, assemble pre-made components or build plants from scratch using the node graph.

With Plant Factory, users can:

Create any kind of vegetation, from simple grass to super elaborate hero trees
Create vegetation by painting it, assembling simple building blocks, or completely graphing all plant properties
Generate procedural geometry and materials of unlimited detail
Animate all plant aspects using precise wind and breeze algorithms
Export 3D vegetation to another application as standard .OBJ, .3DS or animated .FBX
Render stills and animations for compositing jobs or for use as billboards

The Personal Learning Edition of Plant Factory is a free, fully functional version of Plant Factory Producer. With the PLE you can:

Create complete projects and save your work*,
Export your plants to other applications as standard geometry,
Render in FullHD (for stills) and animations up to 720p**,
Learn at your own pace (the PLE never expires)!
Please note that the PLE is for learning purposes only. In particular, it is stricly forbidden to use the PLE for any commercial work. The PLE ships with a limited subset of the total content available in the commercial product.

*For your own use only - you cannot exchange files with other users

**Renders carry a logo and will be watermarked after 30 days

Comments

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Cool! I've been interested in this but felt it was rather over-priced. A good way to try before I consider buying. But one other caveat about the PLE: **Exported geometry removes 1 polygon out of 5; import into Vue only works with the Vue PLE; not with full licenses of Vue

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,270
    edited December 1969

Thank you for posting this, Marco. I wonder - if the finished plant is saved in the Objects Library and not exported directly whether one of five polygons are removed.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Thank you for posting this, Marco. I wonder - if the finished plant is saved in the Objects Library and not exported directly whether one of five polygons are removed.

Yes Horo, i wonder to. I'm going to give a try to the software this next weeks and see how it work. If the trees models exported are not so bad, why do not use them in a scene? probably not for the foreground of a render but for the background?

And if those trees are goodlooking and cost less in terms of polygons it's a good news because i can use use them in Bryce.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I must admit I did wonder why you were suggesting a Vue only demo in the Bryce forum, especially one that has such limitations on it's use and export possibilities

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I must admit I did wonder why you were suggesting a Vue only demo in the Bryce forum, especially one that has such limitations on it's use and export possibilities

About 13 years ago i give a try before a chance to Bryce and that's my first and only "love" software. About 3 years ago, i give Wings3d a try before a chance and that's my first and only modeler. About 2 years ago, i give Xfrog a try before a chance and that's my most plants generator but polygons are costing a lot in terms of memory usage.

If trees generate in plant factory have good looking for the background of my scenes, i give it a try before a chance despite the limitations on its use or export possibilities.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

through I posted about this here all ready - any way
    tree animation will work in DS - Carrara 8.5 - Vue and others
    Bryce render -

01_PF_in_Bryce.jpg
    1520 x 862 - 737K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

just downloaded thanks for the info...Trish

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I'll be interested to see what this program produces. I could use some foliage in my library. Thanks for the link.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Sounds fantastic! I need to read up to see if we can distribute any of the meshes. I get the feeling we cannot, but I'd like to know.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2013

OMG: These tutorials on you tube are insane...I can't believe what all this program can do.......WOW ....go in you tube and type in plant factory tutorials....If I was smart enough to copy a link I would...sorry....Trish p.s. what I did was open the program and click on help

Post edited by Trish on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Sounds fantastic! I need to read up to see if we can distribute any of the meshes. I get the feeling we cannot, but I'd like to know.

I seem to remember, from that other thread, that Distribution is very restricted.