ManFriday's Render Queue (the old one from 2019) [Commercial]

Comments

• XornflXornfl Posts: 102

It just render a frame right?  Is there a way it renders a certain number of frames from a scene and then go to the next file to do the same? Thnx in advance

• Since I upgraded to DS 14.15.0.2 , Render queue has stopped working. Apparently it can no longer open Studio to start the next render. I unintalled RQ then went to the daz website, downloaded then installed 

59787_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0_ds.exe

Tried Again. Still does not work. Here are the relevant lines from "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt"

2021-03-05 06:30:30.109 RenderQueue: Entering  restartDazStudioOrThrow(): restart mode is 1
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.109 RenderQueue:   calling dzApp->quit()
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.109 RenderQueue:   spawning stock restart script
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.109 RenderQueue:     creating restart batch file
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.121 RenderQueue:     batch file is “C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mfrq-restart.bat”
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.145 RenderQueue:     ShellExecute() returned HINSTANCE 42
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.145 RenderQueue:     GetLastError() reported: 0
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.145 RenderQueue: Leaving  restartDazStudioOrThrow(): restart mode is 1

I have come to rely on this program. Do you know why it is failing?

• lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

Since I upgraded to DS 14.15.0.2 , Render queue has stopped working. Apparently it can no longer open Studio to start the next render. I unintalled RQ then went to the daz website, downloaded then installed 

59787_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0_ds.exe

Tried Again. Still does not work. Here are the relevant lines from "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt"

2021-03-05 06:30:30.109 RenderQueue: Entering  restartDazStudioOrThrow(): restart mode is 1
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.121 RenderQueue:     batch file is “C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mfrq-restart.bat”
    2021-03-05 06:30:30.145 RenderQueue: Leaving  restartDazStudioOrThrow(): restart mode is 1

I have come to rely on this program. Do you know why it is failing?

What happens when a render is done? Does DS shut down and restart?

• The Render Queue script closes DS successfully then repeatedly tries to restart DS (31 times in my latest attempt) and then gives up.  If I manually start DS, Render Queue comes to life as if it had restarted it, and does the next render. 

• rustajrustaj Posts: 33
    edited March 2021

Xornfl said:

It just render a frame right?  Is there a way it renders a certain number of frames from a scene and then go to the next file to do the same? Thnx in advance

There is an option to render all cameras within a scene. I imagine you could render from a bunch of different angles. (Correction)Just saw it does not handle animation:

barbult said:

Anyone have any ideas why the render queue wont render type "Image Series" no matter what I do it always renders Still Image (Current Frame) No matter what I do. 

This product would be amazing for rendering animations but I cant seem to get more than frame 0 out of it. 

It is designed to only render still images. As you see, it will not render animation.
    Post edited by rustaj on
  • peteanderson1212peteanderson1212 Posts: 75
    edited April 2021

-Just Ignore it-

Post edited by peteanderson1212 on
  • I'm wondering if someone out there can help me out or have similar issues. I use the render queue frequently and never had any issues. That is until now. The last time I used it with no issues at all was last month. Now I use it, I can only render one image and then DS either crashes due to a fatal error or Manfriday shuts the program down successfully but never restarts it. I'm really getting frustrated. I've never had this issue before and I rely heavily on render queue. Anyone have any suggestions at how to fix this or others have a similar issue? I'm using DS 4.15 and using a 1080ti card. I updated my drivers last night when I first encountered this issue but it still persists.

Thank you in advance

Matthew

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

smackthis527 said:

I'm wondering if someone out there can help me out or have similar issues. I use the render queue frequently and never had any issues. That is until now. The last time I used it with no issues at all was last month. Now I use it, I can only render one image and then DS either crashes due to a fatal error or Manfriday shuts the program down successfully but never restarts it. I'm really getting frustrated. I've never had this issue before and I rely heavily on render queue. Anyone have any suggestions at how to fix this or others have a similar issue? I'm using DS 4.15 and using a 1080ti card. I updated my drivers last night when I first encountered this issue but it still persists.

Thank you in advance

Matthew

This is not a universal problem. Render Queue is working fine for me in DS 4.15. I have an RTX 2060 card.

Have you  tried a render queue of very small scenes, with just a couple Daz Studio primitive cubes, in case the problem is related to scene size or specific content?
    Have you tried increasing the wait time between shutdown and restart in Render Queue options?
    Does the Daz Studio log file have any interesting messages that might be related? (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File)?

• barbult said:

smackthis527 said:

I'm wondering if someone out there can help me out or have similar issues. I use the render queue frequently and never had any issues. That is until now. The last time I used it with no issues at all was last month. Now I use it, I can only render one image and then DS either crashes due to a fatal error or Manfriday shuts the program down successfully but never restarts it. I'm really getting frustrated. I've never had this issue before and I rely heavily on render queue. Anyone have any suggestions at how to fix this or others have a similar issue? I'm using DS 4.15 and using a 1080ti card. I updated my drivers last night when I first encountered this issue but it still persists.

Thank you in advance

Matthew

This is not a universal problem. Render Queue is working fine for me in DS 4.15. I have an RTX 2060 card.

Have you  tried a render queue of very small scenes, with just a couple Daz Studio primitive cubes, in case the problem is related to scene size or specific content?
    Have you tried increasing the wait time between shutdown and restart in Render Queue options?
    Does the Daz Studio log file have any interesting messages that might be related? (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File)?

I've been able to use it without any issues prior to tonight doing all sorts of batch numbers....I really don't use too many primitives or anything like that. I'll try cutting down the batch size and see what happens. If it crashes again, then I'll post the error message and anything in the log file. 

• smackthis527smackthis527 Posts: 45
    edited May 2021

barbult said:

smackthis527 said:

Thank you in advance

Matthew

So I limited the number of renders to only 3 and it still did it......Well, no error message this time, it just froze on me which also happens....so it either freezes, crashes with a fatal error or shuts down how it should after the render, but never restarts. Attached is a capture of what was showing after it rendered. It was stuck on that for about 5 minutes. Also attached is what the view log had for the duration of the render. Not sure what would constitute as something of note to zone in on to fix, so if you can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Capture.PNG
    1354 x 768 - 141K
    txt
    txt
    this.txt
    Post edited by smackthis527 on

These are my suggestions of things to try to figure out the problem.

1. The queue looks like it is hanging while clearing the scene after render. Maybe you need to increase the wait times in Render Queue's Queue Options. Make them all very large and see if it works.
    2. Create a scene with ONLY a couple Daz Studio primitives (Create/New Primitive the select Cube and choose any size). Save the scene 10 times (Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, etc.). Create a Render Queue with those 10 scenes and see if it works. If it does, that means your problem is probably scene size or scene content.
    3. The log file shows that your scene had two dForce hair nodes. Maybe they are causing a problem. Delete all the dForce hair from all queued scenes, save the scene files and try Render Queue again.
  • barbult said:

1. The queue looks like it is hanging while clearing the scene after render. Maybe you need to increase the wait times in Render Queue's Queue Options. Make them all very large and see if it works.
    2. Create a scene with ONLY a couple Daz Studio primitives (Create/New Primitive the select Cube and choose any size). Save the scene 10 times (Scene 1, Scene 2, Scene 3, etc.). Create a Render Queue with those 10 scenes and see if it works. If it does, that means your problem is probably scene size or scene content.
    3. The log file shows that your scene had two dForce hair nodes. Maybe they are causing a problem. Delete all the dForce hair from all queued scenes, save the scene files and try Render Queue again.

I had restarted DS and instead of opening the first render and start the queue from there, I tried to do it from DS as soon as you open it forcing the queue to open the first render and got a fatal error.....this was the exception that it said

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:0000000083C5F5E5, DzMorphDeltas::clearVertCount()+165 byte(s)

I have no clue what that means or how to fix that. 

smackthis527 said:

barbult said:

I had restarted DS and instead of opening the first render and start the queue from there, I tried to do it from DS as soon as you open it forcing the queue to open the first render and got a fatal error.....this was the exception that it said

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\dzcore.dll" at 0033:0000000083C5F5E5, DzMorphDeltas::clearVertCount()+165 byte(s)

You seem reluctant to try any of my suggestions.

Can you render all of the queued image individually in Daz Studio, without Render Queue, or do some of them fail that way, too.

edited May 2021

barbult said:

smackthis527 said:

barbult said:

You seem reluctant to try any of my suggestions.

Can you render all of the queued image individually in Daz Studio, without Render Queue, or do some of them fail that way, too.

I am not reluctant at all......That error message I showed in my last post, I had done that prior to you responding with anything. I was making sure I had posted that so at least the error message is there. I just got done trying to increase the times in the options, that didn't work. Still had the fatal error come up. I'm trying the 10 scenes with limited primitives next. 

I am able to render individually.

Are you sure you are running the latest version of Render Queue? It was updated in January, I think. 

edited May 2021

barbult said:

Are you sure you are running the latest version of Render Queue? It was updated in January, I think. 

Yes, I am running the latest version. Like I said previously, I've relied on render queue a lot and just started having this issue last night with it. Last time I used it was about 2 weeks ago or so with no issue at all.  

• barbult said:

Looks like it has something to do with the scenes themselves cause I did the 10 save and render bit you suggested and it's rendering. 

smackthis527 said:

barbult said:

Looks like it has something to do with the scenes themselves cause I did the 10 save and render bit you suggested and it's rendering. 

Then you are making progress!  So maybe it is scene content or scene size. Try eliminating the dForce hair as an experiment.

• barbult said:

smackthis527 said:

barbult said:

Then you are making progress!  So maybe it is scene content or scene size. Try eliminating the dForce hair as an experiment.

I will try that in a little bit....want to get some of these renders done so I don't fall too behind. Way too many to go through just to redo for the queue....probably about as much time to render since they're only taking about 15min or so.......Thank you very much for your help. 

• barbult said:

smackthis527 said:

barbult said:

I may have gotten lucky....we'll see as of now....I had continued the render queue only because I was curious if maybe...by luck....it was those previous specific renders causing the issue....This last one rendered fine, DS shut down like it was supposed to but it restarted like it should as well and currently opening the next one.....so lets see if it might have resolved itself.....I'm never that lucky, lol. 

• ManFridayManFriday Posts: 549

Thank you Barbult for helping out!

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207
    edited May 2021

In some renders, I only need to render part of the screen; so I'd normally use the spot render tool, but how can you do this with the render queue? 

DAZScene83.duf - [Full Render]
    DAZScene84.duf - [Full Render]
    DAZScene85.duf - [Full Render]
    DAZScene85-spotRender.duf  [Spot Render]
    DAZScene86.duf - [Full Render]
    DAZScene87.duf - [Full Render]

If Render Queue doesn't support this, can you guys think of a way to setup the scene so only a specific part of the screen is rendered, after the render queue opens it for rendering?

I thought about using Canvases, but they don't render the shadows, so when you overlay the canvas layer over the main base layer, it looks like crap because the shadows aren't there. (There is no way to fix this that I know of after extensive research).

Post edited by vozolgant on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

vozolgant said:

In some renders, I only need to render part of the screen; so I'd normally use the spot render tool, but how can you do this with the render queue? 

If Render Queue doesn't support this, can you guys think of a way to setup the scene so only a specific part of the screen is rendered, after the render queue opens it for rendering?

I thought about using Canvases, but they don't render the shadows, so when you overlay the canvas layer over the main base layer, it looks like crap because the shadows aren't there. (There is no way to fix this that I know of after extensive research).

I'm not the expert here, but I don't think RQ will do spot renders. Can you set up a copied camera and zoom it in on just the 'spot' you want to render and then render THAT camera in queue?  I know it can be pretty hard to get a pixel matchup anytime you change ANY of the cemera settings, but might be worth a shot.  Good luck!

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207

Gogger said:

vozolgant said:

I'm not the expert here, but I don't think RQ will do spot renders. Can you set up a copied camera and zoom it in on just the 'spot' you want to render and then render THAT camera in queue?  I know it can be pretty hard to get a pixel matchup anytime you change ANY of the cemera settings, but might be worth a shot.  Good luck!

I ended up using Iray Section Node's to just remove as much of the scene as possible until the only part I want rendered is visible. Here is a tutorial on how to use them:

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,308

vozolgant said:

Gogger said:

vozolgant said:

I ended up using Iray Section Node's to just remove as much of the scene as possible until the only part I want rendered is visible. Here is a tutorial on how to use them:

NOICE! That could come in handy!
  • lamoid_5f20d3e469lamoid_5f20d3e469 Posts: 283
    edited June 2021

I am sorry but I have not found a solution to my problem. RenderQueue is unable to restart Daz (please see my posts from March 6 above in this thread). It tries and tries tens of times and then gives up. I've tried extending all the delays. It has nothing to do with the scene itself.  I've tried to run it with different views of a scene with one object -- a cube -- and it does not work. I suspect that something in Windows 10 (a plain lousy OS, It's actually spyware and an ad delivery system masquerading as an OS) is preventing the script from starting the program. I have relied on this program since I bought it more than a year ago, so it is _very_ frustrating that I cannot get it to work. ManFriday's programs / plugins are so good, so essential to my work, that I could not do what I do without them. I use meshgrabber constantly. The fellow's work is superb, no doubt. I wish I could contact him directly and send him the scripts and log files that show what is going on, I'll bet he could figure it out in short order.  I did submit a support ticket but the Daz folks told me to post here and to try to contact him directly.  So that is what I am doing. Trying (in both senses of the word!)

Post edited by lamoid_5f20d3e469 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,917

lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

I am sorry but I have not found a solution to my problem. RenderQueue is unable to restart Daz (please see my posts from March 6 above in this thread). It tries and tries tens of times and then gives up. I've tried extending all the delays. It has nothing to do with the scene itself.  I've tried to run it with different views of a scene with one object -- a cube -- and it does not work. I suspect that something in Windows 10 (a plain lousy OS, It's actually spyware and an ad delivery system masquerading as an OS) is preventing the script from starting the program. I have relied on this program since I bought it more than a year ago, so it is _very_ frustrating that I cannot get it to work. ManFriday's programs / plugins are so good, so essential to my work, that I could not do what I do without them. I use meshgrabber constantly. The fellow's work is superb, no doubt. I wish I could contact him directly and send him the scripts and log files that show what is going on, I'll bet he could figure it out in short order.  I did submit a support ticket but the Daz folks told me to post here and to try to contact him directly.  So that is what I am doing. Trying (in both senses of the word!)

What is your version number of Render Queue?

• lamoid_5f20d3e469lamoid_5f20d3e469 Posts: 283
    edited June 2021

Thank you for answering, Dr. Jellybean!

I believe its version 2. Here is the info from install manager:

Produict Name: Render Queue for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

Product ID : 2

Package Date: Tuesday, 12 January, 2021 12:50:30 (2021-01-12T18:50:30Z)

Package: 59787_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0_ds.exe

Post edited by lamoid_5f20d3e469 on
  • DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,917
    edited June 2021

lamoid_5f20d3e469 said:

Thank you for answering, Dr. Jellybean!

I believe its version 2. Here is the info from install manager:

Produict Name: Render Queue for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

Product ID : 2

Package Date: Tuesday, 12 January, 2021 12:50:30 (2021-01-12T18:50:30Z)

Package: 59787_RenderQueueforDAZStudio45Win64bit_2.0.0_ds.exe

That is the current version.

What exactly happens when a render in the queue is done? Does DS close? Can you post a screenshot of what is happening after DS has closed please.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • Yes DS closes.  There is nothing else to see on the screen.  The log indicates that it tries to reopen DS repeatedly, 30 times, then gives up. Here are the relevant lines from "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\log.txt" that I posted above on 6 March:

Here are the relevant lines from the log when I ran it earlier today

2021-06-17 18:20:33.709 RenderQueue: Entering advancing to state 5 (S5_RENDER_DONE)
    2021-06-17 18:20:33.709 RenderQueue: Leaving advancing to state 5 (S5_RENDER_DONE)
    2021-06-17 18:20:33.709 RenderQueue: Entering advanceToState5_RenderDone()
    2021-06-17 18:20:33.709 RenderQueue: Leaving advanceToState5_RenderDone()
    2021-06-17 18:20:33.712 RenderQueue:   all visible cameras mode
    2021-06-17 18:20:33.714 RenderQueue:     saving queue
    2021-06-17 18:20:33.714 RenderQueue:     clearing scene
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.441 *** Scene Cleared ***
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.441 RenderQueue:     advancing to next state: restart daz
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.441 RenderQueue: Entering advancing to state 6 (S6_RESTART_DAZ_COUNTDOWN)
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.441 RenderQueue: Leaving advancing to state 6 (S6_RESTART_DAZ_COUNTDOWN)
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.441 RenderQueue: Entering advanceToState6_RestartDazCountdown()
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.441 RenderQueue: Leaving advanceToState6_RestartDazCountdown()
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.442 RenderQueue:   starting timer
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.442 RenderQueue: done with state 6
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.442 RenderQueue: done with state 5
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.445 Finished Rendering
    2021-06-17 18:20:47.591 RenderQueue: done with state 4

Then the following repeats 30 times

2021-06-17 18:20:48.434 RenderQueue: Entering timer event for 'restart daz'
    2021-06-17 18:20:48.434 RenderQueue:   whenDone = 0
    2021-06-17 18:20:48.434 RenderQueue: Leaving timer event for 'restart daz'

Then finally

2021-06-17 18:21:17.429 RenderQueue: Entering  restartDazStudioOrThrow(): restart mode is 1
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.429 RenderQueue:   calling dzApp->quit()
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.430 RenderQueue:   spawning stock restart script
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.430 RenderQueue:     creating restart batch file
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.436 RenderQueue:     batch file is “C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\mfrq-restart.bat”
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.486 RenderQueue:     ShellExecute() returned HINSTANCE 42
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.486 RenderQueue:     GetLastError() reported: 0
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.486 RenderQueue: Leaving  restartDazStudioOrThrow(): restart mode is 1
    2021-06-17 18:21:17.486 RenderQueue: Leaving timer event for 'restart daz'

RQ cannot restart DS. If I manually restaart it then DS acts just like it would had RQ restarted it. The RQ dialog comes up and the next render is performed. When it is over DS closes and the script tries 30 times to open DS then gives up.