My first comic "Superhero for a night"

AurensAurens Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Art Studio

Hi,

here is my first attempt at a comic called "Superhero for a night". The inspiration should be kinda obvious ;), though my ending is a little bit different (and my comic is a lot lot shorter). It has been in the works for almost a year now with rewrites (trust me, the first drafts were way way worse than this semi final one) and rerenders and being bored with it and leaving it for a few weeks at times.

But I do hope some of you might enjoy it and I am looking forward to criticism regarding anything (lighting, writing, characters, poses - whatever pops in your minds).

Here is page 2 and 3 (page 1 would be the cover, which I haven't started yet).

Page_3.jpg
1239 x 1754 - 1M
Page_2.jpg
1239 x 1754 - 1M

Comments

• AurensAurens Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here are pages 4,5 and the final page 6.

Page_6.jpg
    1239 x 1754 - 1M
    Page_5.jpg
    1239 x 1754 - 1M
    Page_4.jpg
    1239 x 1754 - 1M
  • CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    edited December 1969

Hi Hmasri,
    That was entertaining, though I'm sad you killed off the main character! I also liked the variety of angles and perspective you used. This avoids the oddly static feel of a lot of first comics. Now if you would just think about a sequel with ghost . . .

edited December 1969

Hi,

thank you for your input. It is appreciated.

As to killing of the main character: It was the easiest way to finish the story :) I don't think I will revisit it as it was just intended for me to see if I coudl actually pull of a comic or if I would lose interest in the process. Took me a while, but got it done.

What I really want to do is an ongoing fantasy series based on my Guild Wars 2 Characters and the Slayers anime. But don't know if I will ever get to it (hope I will).

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Good choice of angles, and I like the last panel especially. Story-wise, there was a nice Batman reference, and the ending was probably the right choice.

Making comics with this software can be time consuming, but also great fun. I hope you continue.

edited December 1969

Thank you :)

The last panel is also my favorite. I also threw in a small Darkwing Duck reference :) Also one my my favorite superheroes. They should make a feature film with the duck.

I will definatly continue with making comics. It is a lot of fun (and like you said time consuming... I will start setting up a scene and before you know it 30 - 40 minutes are gone...). But it may be a while before the next one is ready for release.

• AuraskyAurasky Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Each pic is about 1,3 Mb. For Comixology 25 pages must be 1 Mb (1800pxl w). It means every page is about 40Kb. How to create such small pics?