Carrara 3D sale ads giving error 404 all over the net

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

The last few days I have seen no less than 5 ads for Carrara that, when the link is clicked, a error 404 page comes up.

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

try this http://www.daz3d.com/carrara-8-5-pro 171 bucks if you are pc

• edited December 1969

Thank you. I could find it online by going to the website. My concern is does DAZ know their ads are resulting in error 404 messages.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Where is it that you are seeing these Ads?

• edited December 1969

In ads that pop up when searching the net or sites that have ads appear. You see an ad announcing a sale for Carrara, you click it and get an error 404. One of the services (google ads or whatever) is putting the wrong link on your ads.

edited December 1969

Or linking to out of date items, which is more likely. This is obviously a Google problem and not a DAZ 3D one. Google are the ones who like to install tracking cookies and targeted ads. I personally disable things like this.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Or linking to out of date items, which is more likely. This is obviously a Google problem and not a DAZ 3D one. Google are the ones who like to install tracking cookies and targeted ads. I personally disable things like this.

I think he is saying that DAZ has changed their store links, and the Google ads that DAZ *pays per clicks* need to be updated….

It's info that should probably be passed along to the marketeers. Google targeted ads link to a dead link.

• edited December 1969

Exactly. I have done google ads and I was in control at all times as to what was in the ad and what the link was. Google only posts what you supply them. You can update ad campaigns at any time. Last night I noticed some dead links on the website as well. It all could be due to the need to do crazy fast marketing these days to bring in money. Either way, a simple redirect on a web server can insure proper page loads if outdated links are out there. Time this takes to do: about 60 seconds.

edited December 1969

OK I have forwarded it onwards. THanks