Eye Surface for Genesis [Commercial]

PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
edited November 2013 in Daz PA Commercial Products

My new product lauched today - and shock horror, it’s not an exclusive Carrara product! It is called “Eye Surface for Genesis” and adds that vital piece of geometry to Genesis that was sadly missing from the original mesh. It just loads in the same way as adding an item of clothing, but rather than fitting to the body, it fits to the eyes! It also includes Bright Eyes Bundle so that you can use these great reflection map shaders in Daz Studio, Poser and Carrara. If you already own the bundle, you get 50% off the Genesis product.

And DAZ has thoughtfully decided that if you buy this, you get my whole store at 40% off.

Just an additional point, the product page currently says that you require Bright Eyes for Daz Studio and Poser, you don't need to pre-own it as it is included with the pack. I have asked this to be changed as soon as possible as it may cause confusion.

Enjoy!

PromoMontage.jpg
1600 x 1000 - 233K
Post edited by PhilW on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

I will have this, I always wanted the eye surface zone back, thanks Phil.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I will have this, I always wanted the eye surface zone back, thanks Phil.

Yes I think a lot of people missed this element in Genesis. Sorry it has taken so long to bring to market!

edited December 1969

Why Sorry, not your fault DAZ3D decided to drop it. :P

• TerryDTerryD Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Hope this isn't a daft question - does this get around the problem using M4 mats on a Genesis figure such as M5 where the eye and surrounding area do not pick up the texture?

edited December 1969

I hope so Boxer

edited December 1969

Hope this isn't a daft question - does this get around the problem using M4 mats on a Genesis figure such as M5 where the eye and surrounding area do not pick up the texture?

When applying an M4 MAT on Genesis, the EyeSurface would be ignored, as there isn't an equivalent geometry on the Genesis figure. If you add this product, it gives you back the Eye Surface, albeit as a separate object rather than integrated into Genesis. Try applying the MAT also to Eye Surface for Genesis, it may need a little manual adjustment, but it should give a similar effect to the original M4 materials.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,715
    edited November 2013

I even got to work with G2F. The close up has it but I don't think the other render has it.

edit: I mean the top one has it but the bottom does not.

SamTest001.jpg
    1356 x 922 - 265K
    SamWip001.jpg
    1356 x 922 - 309K
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Um.. Kulay. The G2F has the proper eye surface back, only Genesis does not have it.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,715
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Um.. Kulay. The G2F has the proper eye surface back, only Genesis does not have it.

oops! I did not know that. :red: :roll: but now I do.

edited November 2013

I even got to work with G2F. The close up has it but I don't think the other render has it.

edit: I mean the top one has it but the bottom does not.

Yes, it can be successfully fitted to G2F - I used the "Full Body" preset and it seemed to work fine. Below is an example. But as above, G2F does have its own Eye Reflection surface, so the biggest "need" was for something for Genesis.

G2F-EyeSurfaceTest.jpg
    800 x 1000 - 448K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • alkenalken Posts: 253
    edited December 1969

I have been waiting for this, thank you so much!

closeup2.jpg
    893 x 1000 - 573K
    edited December 1969

alken said:
    I have been waiting for this, thank you so much!

You're welcome! I hope you enjoy it. :-)

• edited December 1969

Cannot understand why is not working...
    I'm using Daz Studio 4.6 Pro. I tried with different characters (genesis, Michael 4, Victoria 5, etc), but no results (neither in the viewport nor after a render).
    What's wrong?!

edited December 1969

ruga79 said:
    Cannot understand why is not working...
    I'm using Daz Studio 4.6 Pro. I tried with different characters (genesis, Michael 4, Victoria 5, etc), but no results (neither in the viewport nor after a render).
    What's wrong?!

I saw your PM before I saw this so I have just sent instructions to you. Let me know if you are still having issues.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited February 2014

Message removed.

Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
  • manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 1969

it took me an eternity to understand why my M4 eye products looked so weird on genesis... found this now, and i'm so glad someone (thanx Phil!) created a product to correct this huge gap.
    though... well... i'm on a very tight budget, and however awesome the joined bonus "bright eyes bundle" is, which absolutely justifies the price of the product, i really don't need it, i already have more than enough eyes, a ton of different styles, some from fx packs, some from characters, it's already hard to trace all options my runtime offers. i just need the eye surface only, the "missing link". isn't there a product version which offers this eye surface solo (ok, double, 2 eyes) - for a moderate price?

or maybe there is an equivalent simple freebie (haven't found anything)?
    or can i just clone a few polygons from a genesis eye, scale it by maybe 101%... and then what, save it as... a wearable duf or a conforming cr2 called "eye surface"?

edited December 1969

Sorry - no plans for a "product only" version. You could always wait for a sale to get it at a reduced price, it depends on how urgently you need it. Thanks anyway for your interest!

edited December 1969

sounds like the lottery - this item in say, fast grab... some time in 2015? ;)
    urgent, well, many of my eyes from the packs i have look like cr** on genesis ~
    anyway i think there'd be another issue: my HD is bursting (most of it is daz stuff), and i suppose the whole package - even only all eye options without the BE bundle which can probably be installed separately (or not) in DIM - takes quite some space, what with all the maps... while just the geometry / wearable / body part (??) wouldn't even take 1 MB i guess.

thanx anyways for your quick answer ^^

edited December 1969

I guess you could always just delete what you don't need to save space?

edited December 1969

probably, given i manage to find out just what i must keep...
    still, i'd better put my thinking cap on and fool around with polygons, which will be priceless due to me being a hopeless noob - might be a while until i get the goods in sale ;)

edited December 1969

well... my pathetic noob attempt to make an eye surface was a complete failure. once i had the eye geometry from a shell, of course the maps wouldn't fit, and since i had to make each eyeshell separately a child of the corresponding eye... endless chaos, nuclear brain melting etc. and wasted time for nothing ~
    because THEN: who believes it, 10 days after our post exchange - big genesis sale and i can actually really get this excellent product at a very low price (no need to wait for months!) AND as i download it, big surprise - the whole package including bonus is just over 10MB. somebody remind me, why did i kick such a fuss about? ;) thx again Phil ^_^

edited December 1969

well... my pathetic noob attempt to make an eye surface was a complete failure. once i had the eye geometry from a shell, of course the maps wouldn't fit, and since i had to make each eyeshell separately a child of the corresponding eye... endless chaos, nuclear brain melting etc. and wasted time for nothing ~
    because THEN: who believes it, 10 days after our post exchange - big genesis sale and i can actually really get this excellent product at a very low price (no need to wait for months!) AND as i download it, big surprise - the whole package including bonus is just over 10MB. somebody remind me, why did i kick such a fuss about? ;) thx again Phil ^_^

Glad you got it and I hope you learned stuff through trying it yourself anyway. It took me quite a while to get it just right for a product. I had no prior knowledge of the sale, DAZ controls that!

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I had no prior knowledge of the sale, DAZ controls that!

oh i know - i never implied that. just that i was very lucky it actually came to a sale so quickly, in spite of my doubts about it happening any time soon as you mentioned i could wait until one :)