Image Texture won't apply to surface

Cat Army GirlsCat Army Girls Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I search the forums and did not find an answer. Basically all I want to do is edit a surface and add a custom texture to an object.

I am using this content: http://www.sharecg.com/v/66319/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Referee-for-Genesis

The only part of it, I am using and trying to apply the image surface to are the socks. When I apply the image to the surface, it changes the color of the surface to that of the image, but the image it's self does not show up. Any idea how I can get around this?

Comments

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,549
    edited December 1969

I search the forums and did not find an answer. Basically all I want to do is edit a surface and add a custom texture to an object.

I am using this content: http://www.sharecg.com/v/66319/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Referee-for-Genesis

The only part of it, I am using and trying to apply the image surface to are the socks. When I apply the image to the surface, it changes the color of the surface to that of the image, but the image it's self does not show up. Any idea how I can get around this?

How it the item UV Mapped? Are you using a copy of the texture map the comes with the model and edit that or are you just applying an image to it? UV mapping of the object is what matters here.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

The socks are not uvmapped.

• Cat Army GirlsCat Army Girls Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Is it possible to modify them so they are?

edited December 1969

Is it possible to modify them so they are?

Well, one would have to export out the .obj file, import that into Hexagon, uvmap it, either in Hexagon or in UVMapper "unfold the uvmap" ... export out the new .obj file ... then bring those into D/S and remake the clothing.

I would suggest using a nice solid colour ;-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,927
    edited December 1969

you do not need to rerig or change the original
    just in surfaces import the new uv mapped object under import uv
    just putting a simple flat mapped uv projection on should work, most the free modelers do it
    there is a good simple one one on sharecg for uv mapping too, I cannot recall the name

edited December 1969

Thank you all for your suggestions, I have Hexagon but I am still learning how to use it. I think I am going to try option 2, as I have been using a solid color but want to kick it up another notch from that. You would think out of all the content that's out there, there would be a pair of knee socks that would fit Gen 2 Female, unfortunately I found this is the closest thing out there I can get to work.

edited December 1969

you do not need to rerig or change the original
    just in surfaces import the new uv mapped object under import uv
    just putting a simple flat mapped uv projection on should work, most the free modelers do it
    there is a good simple one one on sharecg for uv mapping too, I cannot recall the name

Right, I keep forgetting that way.

edited November 2013

Is there a tutorials on these forums that explains how to do it?

Post edited by Cat Army Girls on
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I have a football outfit over at ShareCG which included knee length socks. They might fit G2F.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/64587/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Football-Kit