"People" Brushes

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

Sometimes I'm doing a render and would love to portray the silhouettes of people from a distance. It doesn't make sense to make them models, unless they are very tiny, shapes. But would love a brush set with people from various angles, so for example if I wanted to add some figures in the distance to use with Stonemason's greeble city blocks, or crossing a bridge, or from above as a starship lands etc.

I tend to use Ron's bird silhouettes a lot in the sky. Something similar would be neat.

Comments

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Could you do silhouette style renders and make your own brushes? Is this the kind of thing you are thinking of?

test2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 59K
    test.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 52K
  • TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited November 2013

I think it a good idea.

Try these:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Silhouettes-Brushes-81732601

or these:
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Vector-People-Brushes-75389361

You could also try a font. (second pic)

Silhouetfont.jpg
    711 x 400 - 35K
    Silhouettes02.jpg
    880 x 540 - 88K
    Silhouettes.jpg
    800 x 400 - 29K
    Post edited by Tjeb on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,573
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestions! tJeb's are close to what I want. The figures will be tiny.... However, I'm looking for a commercially available product, since as much as I love them, freebies have too many strings attached with their use and I have stopped using content I don't have a license for.

I think this would be a relatively easy product to make. And it's possible I can use DAZ to just make my own tiny figures. =-)

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

It's super easy to render a crisp silhouette in DAZ, I just added UE, X4 quality then clicked the eye in scene tab list to shut it off......gives a bright white background and black silhouette, renders in the blink of an eye!!!!!

I've made a few of these for cutting patterns for my die-cut machine.