To Aeon soul

Do all of your awesome armor and leather outfits and things in more color options. I am collecting a whole set of everything and really need purple, green, and reds of various shades. For those who don't know... Check out the lengrnd armor for Genesis 8 female... It will take you down rabbit hole far deeper than you want to go and keep you there, but you won't want to leave

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

that is what photoshop and GIMP are for, you can change the hue and color on any outfit for personal use.

• CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 284
    But that doesn't get all kinds if new textures. I can outfit an entire army in different outfits with the interchangablity of the outfits and no two would be the same... Also Aeon; black

You didn't say textures, you said colors, which an image editing tool would do. The attached image is of a copy of the original texture for the AS Whimsy top. I took it into photoshop, and changed the hue on the left side. Now I have a completely different color texture. Once I apply that to the outfit I can save it as a material preset and load it whenever I want a new color. You can do this for as many colors as you like and have as many presets as you want

• If there are material zones, you can use a variety of shaders as well, if making your own textures is too much.  Looking at the set, it looks fantastically complete, so I can't imagine there wouldn't be enough material zones to retexture for completely different looks.  Even better if there are templates provided...

Gee, thanks, now I want it, and I don't even use G3/8!

;-P

• You didn't say textures, you said colors, which an image editing tool would do. The attached image is of a copy of the original texture for the AS Whimsy top. I took it into photoshop, and changed the hue on the left side. Now I have a completely different color texture. Once I apply that to the outfit I can save it as a material preset and load it whenever I want a new color. You can do this for as many colors as you like and have as many presets as you want

Please don't post modified versions of textures without prior permission.

You didn't say textures, you said colors, which an image editing tool would do. The attached image is of a copy of the original texture for the AS Whimsy top. I took it into photoshop, and changed the hue on the left side. Now I have a completely different color texture. Once I apply that to the outfit I can save it as a material preset and load it whenever I want a new color. You can do this for as many colors as you like and have as many presets as you want

Please don't post modified versions of textures without prior permission.

Got it, won't happen again.

• SnowSultanSnowSultan Posts: 3,557
    edited April 2019

Aeon Soul's stuff is very customizable with a lot of 'hide' options to give the outftis various looks, but they often do not have a lot of material zones to help customize the textures. I tried taking pieces of The Legend into Photoshop and creating masks just to change the metal trim, and even that didn't work out all that well. There's no question that their stuff is among the highest quality items here at DAZ, but more material zones would definitely help make their products even more appealing.

Post edited by SnowSultan on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Aeon Soul's stuff is very customizable with a lot of 'hide' options to give the outftis various looks, but they often do not have a lot of material zones to help customize the textures. I tried taking pieces of The Legend into Photoshop and creating masks just to change the metal trim, and even that didn't work out all that well. There's no question that their stuff is among the highest quality items here at DAZ, but more material zones would definitely help make their products even more appealing.

Have you tried creating new material zones with the geometry editor?

• CoryllonCoryllon Posts: 284
    Sorry for not following up. I can definitely try using different shaders and seeing what's possible, but I would still love to see some more textures their stuff is amazing