Just so you know

Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

The Gallery is back, but I don't see any Bryce images in it so far. I already started a thread in the Commons so I don't want to spam but I do want people over here to know that the Galleries are back to some degree. Amen is what I say.

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,378
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I just spotted that now when I logged on

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the heads up Rashad.
    I've uploaded some of my product illustrations and will try and sort more over the coming days... They probably need some info adding too but it's 5.39am here and I really should try get some sleep. :)

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

I was aware that it moved now to public beta. I've got to rebuild my gallery, it is empty again. Thanks Rashad.

edited December 1969

Excuse my ignorance, can all members make individual galleries and who chooses which images are suitable for the galleries. :roll:

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Excuse my ignorance, can all members make individual galleries and who chooses which images are suitable for the galleries. :roll:

Yes you have your own gallery with as many sub galleries as you wish. So for instance, if you called your Gallery 'Mermaid', within that you can create sub folders for 'Bryce Renders', 'DAZ Studio Renders' and 'Abstracts' etc.

You choose what is suitable, though I believe the galleries are still under the same guidelines as pictures posted on the forum with regrd to handling nudity etc.

Finally, you set up your gallery through your DAZ account as opposed to through the forum. So you have to log into your account and choose the new Gallery to see how that works. It's not complicated to do and you can change your mind and edit the names or delete any pictures or full galleries etc. at any point int he future.

Hope this helps.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

The Gallery is back, but I don't see any Bryce images in it so far. I already started a thread in the Commons so I don't want to spam but I do want people over here to know that the Galleries are back to some degree. Amen is what I say.

Hmmph and there is me thinking that people would check my name out.

Like Horo I need to rebuild my Gallery, but I did put a couple of images up already

Dave, nice to see Peter has made an appearance.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

I re-entered my 13 renders in 6 sub-galleries. And I've seen David with one and Dave with many. When we were at the beta, some wished to have dedicated Bryce/Carrara/Studio/Others main categories but we were voted down with the (valid) argument that the artwork counts, not the software with which it was made.

Though it is nice to put up everything yourself, I preferred the previous galleries where DAZ 3D accepted or rejected an entry. I had tried for almost 2 years until I got one render into the Galleries. It was a bit frustrating but the renders that finally made it where considered artwork. This trial was an incentive to me to try harder.

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited December 1969

Interesting. I'll have to take a look...

edited December 1969

Yes you have your own gallery with as many sub galleries as you wish. So for instance, if you called your Gallery 'Mermaid', within that you can create sub folders for 'Bryce Renders', 'DAZ Studio Renders' and 'Abstracts' etc.

You choose what is suitable, though I believe the galleries are still under the same guidelines as pictures posted on the forum with regrd to handling nudity etc.

Finally, you set up your gallery through your DAZ account as opposed to through the forum. So you have to log into your account and choose the new Gallery to see how that works. It's not complicated to do and you can change your mind and edit the names or delete any pictures or full galleries etc. at any point int he future.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Dave. I will have a look.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

I set up a gallery but was wondering how is a sub gallery set up? I also encountered problems saving settings until I saw that the mouse pointer had to be on a specific spot on the radio buttons to activate it. Anyway, anyhoot, my gallery is under GussNemo's Efforts.

edited December 1969

You need to add a child gallery. That doesn't mean it can only have child piccies in it, it means it is a child of the main gallery. I have 2 child galleries so far, and nothing in my root gallery. I am off course Chohole if anyone is interested.

edited December 1969

It seems that the gallery has some quirks. For one image, the software used was never accepted. Though I got a saved announcement. I even deleted the image, logged out, logged in and uploaded it again. Everything works correct except that software part. It worked a treat for the other dozen images I have uploaded.

edited December 1969

Oh, haven't seen that one yet, and This is about the 3rd time I have uploaded images. I shall look forward to getting that message, and can then report it. BTW Horo, did you report it? wouldn't want to duplicate things.

edited December 1969

No, I didn't. There is absolutely nothing wrong, everything is fine. If you look at the gallery, that part is missing. If you go back to edit, the information has disappeared from the image. You set it again, save, get the green ok, check, it's missing.

Another glitch, quite opposite: I inserted a gallery main image and when I saved, it couldn't save because nothing was changed (orange) -- and the image appears. Changing anything seems to mean text. Nothing to get excited about, just a bit confusing.

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited November 2013

Took all images out of my parent gallery and placed everything into child galleries. I had the same problem Horo encountered, open an image, saved it, but it didn't appear in the gallery editor. Go back, save it AGAIN, and it shows up. It's a hiccup, but in Rashad's thread in The Commons, it was said this is a Beta version.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited November 2013

Yes, this is the public beta. Which is the version after the private beta. All sorts of things can go wonky when suddenly it is getting hundreds of images uploaded all pretty much at the same time.

Fun isn't it :coolsmile:

Edited to add There is now a Gallery Competition http://www.daz3d.com/sales-promotions

edited December 1969

It changed a lot from the private beta. It looks and functions quite nicely considering how this gallery is currently flooded.

edited December 1969

Yes I was thinking that.

edited November 2013

Posting this here as well

chohole said:
    Oh and BTW I discovered that if you actually enter Bryce as a tag, as well as putting it in the software used part of a gallery upload screen, it leaves a clickable tag (hyperlink). Anyone clicking on the tag gets taken to a gallery with all the images that have the bryce tag done that way.
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I have just added most of my renders (not a lot, really). I left out a few old ones and one or two I've decided I want to rework or have abandoned because they don't look that good.

I tagged all the products I could remember or figure out, but there are some and a bunch of materials I didn't know what they were from. If anybody recognizes a product or material in one of my renders that isn't listed in the product list, let me know and I'll be happy to add it to the list.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,891
    edited December 1969

Ah, good to know.
    Have to start uploading something in the future!