question about atributes

goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Is there a tut that will explain them? I'm trying to push coal into a snowman's body and just can get them right. I can get the 'y' axis ok, but x and z are giving me a hard time. I've tried placing them manually, but it's just not working for me.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. I may not get back to read the thread till Monday, but I will be back. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited November 2013

Is there a tut that will explain them? I'm trying to push coal into a snowman's body and just can get them right. I can get the 'y' axis ok, but x and z are giving me a hard time. I've tried placing them manually, but it's just not working for me.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated. I may not get back to read the thread till Monday, but I will be back. Thanks in advance.

You might find it easier working in World Space and orthographic views.

Get the Edit bar up, click the reveal triangle under the Movement tool and select World Space.

Select your object (coal).

On your main keyboard, the 2,3 and 4 keys show you the Top View, Side View and Front View of your scene. If your coal object isn't visible, you can zoom straight to it using CNTL + (Windows) or cmd + (Mac). You can zoom out with CNTL - / cmd -.

In top view, you can quickly position your coal in the right position left/right/front/back. In either side view or front view you can get the height of the object correct.

To return to camera view, hit 1. To return to Director view, hit `.

Good luck :)

Post edited by Oroboros on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I don't know of a tutorial offhand (others might) but what specifically is happening / not happening that you are having trouble with?

• goofygrmom3goofygrmom3 Posts: 160
    edited November 2013

Thank you very much Oroboros. I'll print this out and give it a try. Probably won't get to it till Monday. I didn't think about zooming in on the coal.

It's pretty much me not knowing quite I was doing Sean. I should be ok with the instructions that Oroboros gave me.

Thanks for the help.

Post edited by goofygrmom3 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,270
    edited December 1969

@goofygrmom3 - X/Y/Z coordinates are sometimes rather difficult to get right. This is because of how the camera is rotated. If you put it "south" looking "north" with all rotation angles at 0, X goes left/right, Y up/down and Z near/far. It is much easier to position anything in the scene if you have the camera this way. Though this is a question of personal preference.

CamPos.gif
    804 x 402 - 39K