Project thread:- Reflective title image for a presentation

ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
edited November 2013 in Bryce Discussion

OK, I am asking for some help here

My son is in his final year at Uni, as a mature student. Hopefully BSc in IT and a teaching degree at the end of this year :insert fingers crossed smilie here:

He is at the moment preparing a presentation to be shown on PowerPoint (well he is preparing several, but this one is the only one he has asked for help on)

What he needs is the title screen, in about A4 size, landscape format and in PNG format.

The subject Reflective Journals

He wants only the words, but he wants them reflecting. So of course he decided that the best medium to do this in would be Bryce.

So anyone want to help me and possibly make this a group project, and send him some ideas. He has a few days to get this thing done, so reasonably urgent.

Bryce will be credited if we can get something to him in time, so I would like it to be the best that We can come up with, artistically.

Should I leave this here, or make a new thread of it?

Thanks

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    What he needs is the title screen, in about A4 size, landscape format and in PNG format.

He wants only the words, but he wants them reflecting. So of course he decided that the best medium to do this in would be Bryce.

Thanks

Not sure whether this is the kind he's looking for. And yes, I'd suggest to make a dedicated thread for this. I really do hope I'm not the only one giving it a try. Here, text in Elefont, HDRI backdrop for reflection, material on text reflecting with a hyper texture. Environment masked out in HDRShop.
    ReflectiveJournals.jpg
    1600 x 400 - 83K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    OK, I am asking for some help here

My son is in his final year at Uni, as a mature student. Hopefully BSc in IT and a teaching degree at the end of this year :insert fingers crossed smilie here:

He is at the moment preparing a presentation to be shown on PowerPoint (well he is preparing several, but this one is the only one he has asked for help on)

So anyone want to help me and possibly make this a group project, and send him some ideas. He has a few days to get this thing done, so reasonably urgent.

Bryce will be credited if we can get something to him in time, so I would like it to be the best that We can come up with, artistically.

Thanks

RJ_render1.jpg
    595 x 842 - 336K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

Nice David, but can we see it in the other orientation, Landscape rather than portrait please. :coolsmirk:

Oh and he does say he needs to see the actual Title clearly, please

He thinks it does look great.

[1:54:46 PM] Neil V: the problem is cant see the actule title
    [1:57:47 PM] Neil V: but it does look great
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Nice David, but can we see it in the other orientation, Landscape rather than portrait please. :coolsmirk:

Oh and he does say he needs to see the actual Title clearly, please

He thinks it does look great.

[1:54:46 PM] Neil V: the problem is cant see the actule title
    [1:57:47 PM] Neil V: but it does look great

OK will develop this concept a bit further. Back with an update later.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2013

Ok I will play......used mirror plane letters are Brandy made in carrara everything rendered in Bryce7.....other one is Glastonbury.....

Horo: Thankyou

Fran: I don't know a thing about rigging...I wish I could say I made him but I didn't got him from 3dUniverse

ref8.jpg
    1171 x 628 - 311K
    ref3.jpg
    1371 x 469 - 329K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

All sorts of ideas coming in.

Have split this to it's own thread, and I will give Neil the link, so he can pop in and make his own replies, when he gets time between all the other things he has on his plate. :roll:

edited December 1969

OK this from the other thread... I must have crossed with you Pam, sorry.

RJ_render2.jpg
    842 x 589 - 354K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited November 2013

I like Davids and Horo's........mine just doesn't look PRO enough...Sorry Neil just can't do anything without Albert

a_a_j_.jpg
    911 x 614 - 185K
    neil8.jpg
    520 x 831 - 203K
    Post edited by Trish on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,526
    edited December 1969

Another try.

ReflectiveJournals02.jpg
    1600 x 320 - 139K
    edited December 1969

Neil is watching this thread now, but is too busy multi tasking to stop and post. He loves what is being done so far. and says thankyou.

I forgot to add that as well as being a mature student in his final year he is also Husband and Father, and a sometime Daz PA (with a new product in the offing)

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the help with this normally I would do myself But I am working on 3 group presentations at the moment as well as 1 essay assignment and that's just what is due in for early December, and on top of that working on a pack for the store (that was meant to be finished for the PA sale but is running a little late) with Art collab of course.

bullit35744 I do like the one with Albert it has a nice creative yet simple design.

David's second version looks great I do like how I can now see the tittle.

edited December 1969

opps I missed Horo while I was taking my time to post (and My Mum it seams) but thats another great looking concept.

But as this is a group presentation I will be taking all the designs in to the group in a couple of days for a decision.

edited December 1969

David is there any chance of you re-rendering the image larger when you have some time please as while the banners can just be placed on the slide I think this image would need to cover the full slide and I am setting up a demo presentation for my group members so they can see the different options in powerpoint

in-ps.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 304K
    edited November 2013

NeilV 1 said:
    David is there any chance of you re-rendering the image larger when you have some time please as while the banners can just be placed on the slide I think this image would need to cover the full slide and I am setting up a demo presentation for my group members so they can see the different options in powerpoint

Just say what resolution (pixel x pixel) you want and I'll re-render, no problem.

Edit: OK here is a slightly bigger version. Let us know if you need bigger still.

RJ_render2.jpg
    1920 x 1343 - 2M
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
    edited December 1969

Neil is off doing something else at the moment, but he also asks which font you used, as he will use the same font to prepare the rest of the slides for the presentation.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Don't have enough Bryce or Elefont experience, so did a quickie in Photoshop Elements 2.0. Keep it simple!

Jay

reflective_journals.png
    1000 x 760 - 345K
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Don't have enough Bryce or Elefont experience, so did a quickie in Photoshop Elements 2.0. Keep it simple!

Jay

Nice, I'm useless at graphic design, but I reckon this is good!

Oh the font in mine is Verdana.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

I’m useless at graphic design

Cheers, David, but really, yours really has the more professional look to it (wish I had your Bryce knowledge...no, no don't offer :)) as it's clear and concise.

Jay

edited November 2013

Well I thought someone should go for the old favourite

A reflective umm err a reflective reflective over water

Is not nearly as good as the others, but is only a WIP.

reflective_reflect.jpg
    964 x 675 - 545K
    edited December 1969

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who created an image for me.

as a group we ended up going with David's Image and I would like to thank David for creating it for me.

The presentation went very well and the initial feedback is good I don't get my actual grade until February (I also still need to write and submit a paper (but not until early Jan) to complete the course).

• TjebTjeb Posts: 507
    edited December 1969

Not created with our well known software, but that's not the point, right?

Reflect01.png
    1130 x 545 - 379K
    edited December 2013

I'm pretty sure you can insert an animated gif in Powerpoint,
    so this would be possible...
    annoying maybe,... but possible.

reflJourn.gif
    400 x 225 - 682K
    Post edited by Tjeb on
    edited December 2013

Tjeb, this is all done and dusted now.

AS Neil said, he used David's image, and the presentation went well.

Thanks for popping in to the Bryce forum anyway.

edited December 1969

I only saw the 17, (yesterday)
    I guess the november bit was obscured by my blind spot.. LOL.