What is the Highest Rez I can get with Bryce

I an trying to get 300 px rez with Bryce how do I do this

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Multiply the finished render size you want and multiply it by 300. If you want a 10x8 inch final image then that would be 3000x2400 pixels.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,111

As Fishtales says. The max width you can render is 4000 px, the height can be higher than that.

• c-ramc-ram Posts: 376

Horo is right, 4000 px is the widest resolution in Bryce.

However, there's a trick if you want higher settings. 

Select your camera and take note of its FOV value. Bank it 90 degrees in z axis (or x axis.. I'm not at home to test this right now).

Change the aspect ratio of your work (if you've got 16/9, modify it to 9/16 for example) then go back to your camera and paste your FOV value.

In this case you'll be able to reach 4000 per 7111 px. 

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,977
    edited May 2019

_Click on File down to Render to Disk click  Type in Pixels sizes

Not know the limit But is more than 4500 Width

_and Wait , The meaning is 300 dpi  Then ??

_then, type 300 in Print Resolution box

2TESTR_45-RexmpleFF.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 311K
    Post edited by ed3D on
    ed3D said:

_Click on File down to Render to Disk click  Type in Pixels sizes

Not know the limit But is more than 4500 Width

_and Wait , The meaning is 300 dpi  Then ??

_then, type 300 in Print Resolution box

Putting anything in there doesn't mean a thing to the render all it does is tell the printer you want the render printed at whatever DPI you have set there, you can do the same in the printer programme and set it to whatever DPI you like. No matter what DPI you set you will still need to render enough pixels to get the print size you need so a 10x8 inch print needs 3000x2400 pixels at 300 DPI but if you print it at 200 DPI you can get a 15x12 inch print but if you print it at 600 DPI you will only get a 5x4 inch print. At the other extreme you could print it at 4 DPI and get a 120x96 inch (10x8 feet) poster :)

_and here's an article on Corel Painter website about this subject _

https://learn.corel.com/tips/digital-art/printing-artwork-image-size-resolution/

_Thanx_``~...

ed3D said:

_and here's an article on Corel Painter website about this subject _

https://learn.corel.com/tips/digital-art/printing-artwork-image-size-resolution/

_Thanx_``~...

That is all about printing and resolutions but there is no mention of pixels or the number of pixels needed for each print size.

Here is another article on resolution and pixels, it is about scanning but it is the same for rendering too.

_also _

How to Check the DPI of an Image. To find out an image's DPI in Windows,

right-click on the file name and select Properties > Details.

You'll see the DPI in the Image section, labeled Horizontal Resolution and Vertical Resolution.

On a Mac, you need to open the image in Preview and select Tools > Adjust Size.

ed3D said:

_also _

How to Check the DPI of an Image. To find out an image's DPI in Windows,

right-click on the file name and select Properties > Details.

You'll see the DPI in the Image section, labeled Horizontal Resolution and Vertical Resolution.

On a Mac, you need to open the image in Preview and select Tools > Adjust Size.

If the person making the image adds the DPI then that is what will show up in any program that it is viewable in. If the image is saved without adding the DPI it will show the resolution of your screen which could be 72, 96 or mine is 106. I save all my images for online viewing at zero DPI as it isn't required for viewing on the screen. DPI is only needed for printing but you still need enough pixels to get the print size required. Resolution is the number of pixels not the DPI for printing.