Genesis 2 Male haircut for Genesis 8 Male

daancouzijndaancouzijn Posts: 53
edited May 2019 in Product Suggestions

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to use Gen 2 Male haircuts on Gen 8 Male? 
I would love to use this curtain haircut but it's for Genesis 2 Male and I would like to use it on my Genesis 8 Male figure. Hope anyone can help me out!

Post edited by daancouzijn on

Comments

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495
    edited May 2019

Autofit?

And wrong area.

Post edited by Psyckosama on
  • daancouzijndaancouzijn Posts: 53

Isn't that only for clothing? You mean this, right? 

Autofit?

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

For short hair styles just parent to the head adjust scale and possibly rotation to get it to fit.

I tried, and it did kind of work, though it was a bit buggy. But then I found this and I'll try it out immediately. I'll post the result. Thanks anyway for your help!

jestmart said:

For short hair styles just parent to the head adjust scale and possibly rotation to get it to fit.

• PsyckosamaPsyckosama Posts: 495

Isn't that only for clothing? You mean this, right? 

Autofit?

Autofit works on hair as well. Infact there are normally settings for at least short hair built in

And no I don't mean that product. Gen8 has built in clones of Gen 2

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390

Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to use Gen 2 Male haircuts on Gen 8 Male? 
    I would love to use this curtain haircut but it's for Genesis 2 Male and I would like to use it on my Genesis 8 Male figure. Hope anyone can help me out!

you can use this:

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-hair-converter-from-genesis-2-male-to-genesis-8-male for males and this one for female:

https://www.daz3d.com/rssy-hair-converter-from-genesis-2-female-to-genesis-8-female

the problem with autofit is which sometimes it not proper work or if the hair have "morphs" they have a high chance to be "lost" when using autofit, he destroy any morph in most of the cases when using it, if you want to the hair be static then autofit can be fine but if you want to add some effects would be good to find another ways.

Actual morphs are retained by Auto-Fit.  Controlers for custom bones/rigging in the hair will be lost with Auto-Fit.

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who's really good in creating hair, who's up for a challenge? I'm in desperate need of an updated version of this Gen 2 Male basic hair. I managed to have my Genesis 8 Male figure work with this hairdo but the difference in quality is kinda big...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,343

Merged threads

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who's really good in creating hair, who's up for a challenge? I'm in desperate need of an updated version of this Gen 2 Male basic hair. I managed to have my Genesis 8 Male figure work with this hairdo but the difference in quality is kinda big...

What exactly do you mean by "difference in quality"?

Are you talking about the mangling that autofit (or whatever you're using) does to the geometry? Or is it the texture that no longer makes the grade? Are you rendering it in iray and finding it wanting? Nobody's gonna be able to fix it for you if they don't know what's wrong.

edited May 2019

I've attached a rendered image as an example. Do you see the wavy parts? I was wondering if someone is able to make the texture of the hair a bit more realistic, close to the level of realism that hairdo's currently available for genesis 8 figures have.

Hey guys,

What exactly do you mean by "difference in quality"?

Are you talking about the mangling that autofit (or whatever you're using) does to the geometry? Or is it the texture that no longer makes the grade? Are you rendering it in iray and finding it wanting? Nobody's gonna be able to fix it for you if they don't know what's wrong.

test.jpg
    4000 x 5669 - 7M

The wavy bit is, as chris-2599934 put it, "the mangling that autofit (or whatever you're using) does to the geometry".  With short hairdo always parent to head instead of Auto-Fitting.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,798

Coming back to this thread after a while - sorry.

I tried auto-fitting basic hair to a G8M, and found it did a pretty decent job (parenting is another option if auto-fit isn't good enough for you). What really doesn't work well are the original materials when viewed in Iray. No problem, there are numerous hair shader products on sale here and elsewhere that will provide new materials for you.

I confess, my preferred hair shader product is one of those from elsewhere: OutOfTouch's "Iray Pair" hair shaders that are on sale at Renderosity. Here's how they work on Basic Hair...

basic.png
    500 x 750 - 529K
    edited November 2019

Hey, but that's already looking pretty good! Well done. I'm gonna try it out.

Coming back to this thread after a while - sorry.

I tried auto-fitting basic hair to a G8M, and found it did a pretty decent job (parenting is another option if auto-fit isn't good enough for you). What really doesn't work well are the original materials when viewed in Iray. No problem, there are numerous hair shader products on sale here and elsewhere that will provide new materials for you.

I confess, my preferred hair shader product is one of those from elsewhere: OutOfTouch's "Iray Pair" hair shaders that are on sale at Renderosity. Here's how they work on Basic Hair...