Help with Genesis and Poser 10

StinkerbellStinkerbell Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Tech support has not responded to me as yet so I am hoping for faster help on the forum.

I have Poser 10 installed. I then installed DSON. Next I went to install the Genesis content. This is when Poser went all to heck. The Andy figure disappeared and the program began asking for multiple files that it could not locate.

Instructions said that Windows 7 requires the content not be installed directly to Poser's runtime. Therefore in My Documents:

I created a folder called Poser CF/runtime and the install manager installed the companion files into this folder. I added the folder to the Poser library.

I created a folder called DSON Poser Content/runtime and directed the installer to install the Daz files into the runtime folder. It installed two folders in runtime, support and textures, and all the rest outside runtime directly into DSON Poser Content. I went to add the folder to the Poser library and it didn't work.

I am at a loss as to what went wrong or why the program went all to heck. Should I move the folders into the runtime folder in the DSON Poser Content folder?

I am willing to hire someone to remote into my computer and install all my content and fix this nightmare if anyone with the ability to do that is interested.

Thanks!

Kimberley

runtime_folder_issue.jpg
1004 x 306 - 43K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,440
    edited December 1969

The DSON files, both companion and core, can go in the same folder and they can go in the main Poser library - assuming that isn't in the application folder (which is generally a bad idea). Is your default Poser 10 Content folder still listed in the Poser library pane?

• StinkerbellStinkerbell Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Poser content is all missing from the Poser library now.

edited December 1969

Okay, I uninstalled Poser, reinstalled. Installed DSON and then installed Genesis content in new folder in my documents. I tried to load the genesis female and it's now looking for this file: subdnull.obj

I believe I am still missing a big piece of the puzzle. The good news is the Andy figure is there now. I guess that's progress. If I had known this was going to be this difficult I don't think I would have gone down this road. :(

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Did you install the DSON Importer to the Poser application folder?

edited December 1969

Yes I installed it per the instructions. The tech support people helped me through this process and I replicated it again after re-installing Poser 10.

edited December 1969

I should add that after the program wanted the previously mentioned file, I clicked cancel and the figure for Genesis loaded. But I was afraid to do anything after that because I don't know why the program is looking for a file that it can't find.