Imported mesh material problem

akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
edited May 2019 in Bryce Discussion

So i was doing a well in other software following tutorial (this one youtube.com/watch?v=bjIxfVjsXuM )

Then i exported scene as OBJ and then imported in Bryce. Ungrouped it and started assigning materials, as usual. But after saving scene i have problems.

It looked right before saving scene:

But after scene is saved, it becomes like this

Same with different materials. Totally okay before saving, broken after save.

Is that object problematic? Here how it looks:

Also, FYI, if i try to send the whole "well" from Bryce into DAZ Studio, it sends some parts of it (including stone base) and then i get crash (on Bryce side).

Post edited by akmerlow on

Comments

• SlepalexSlepalex Posts: 911
    akmerlow said:

So i was doing a well in other software following tutorial (this one youtube.com/watch?v=bjIxfVjsXuM )

Then i exported scene as OBJ and then imported in Bryce. Ungrouped it and started assigning materials, as usual. But after saving scene i have problems.

It looked right before saving scene:

But after scene is saved, it becomes like this

Same with different materials. Totally okay before saving, broken after save.

I also had such cases after modeling in Cinema and import into Bryce. It seems that the normals turned 180 °. The following helped: go to Edit Object and click Smooth. 

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Thank you, Slepalex! Solution works, checked both after save and after application restart.