Back to Basics Tutorials Installing DS4 and more

2»

Comments

• dshielddshield Posts: 48

Hiya, I'm an old user returning to start again.
    Only thing is, I can't seem to download Daz Studio, I just keep downloading the Install Manager.
    It tells me it done it, but I cant find the actual program.
    I wouldnt use the Downlad Manager last time I was here because it wouldnt work properly for me, but thought I'd give it a try.   :(
    Any help, before I tear the rest of my remaining hair out, would be gratefully recieved.  :)

D

• It seems like no matter what I do, some part of Daz gets put on my C: drive.

I change the initial install path for Daz Connect on my D drive. In Connect I change the install paths to the D drive, but when I install Daz it always puts My Library on the C drive. When i've manually moved it something breaks.

How can I prevent anything Daz related from going to my C drive?

• What do you mean by Daz Connect? That is part of Daz Studio itself. Is it Daz Central? Documents/Dz 3D/Studio/My Library/ goes, by default, in the main Docuemnts folder so if that is on C: it may default to that - but that is for user files, not for installed content, so shouldn't be affected by settings (and if you once move it, via Edit>Preferences>Content>Content Directory Manager) it should find files in the moved location without any issue (also, there is nothing special about the content directory names - My library is just the default). Some plug-ins do insist on using the Documents/Daz 3D/Studio/ folder for their own files and folders, which will use the current location of the docuemnts folder 9so mine are on D:) - it's annoying, but the files involved are mostly small and/or temporary. The files Daz Studio writes to the AppData folder will be on C: - I'm not aware of a way to move AppData, other than a directory junction.

• Sorry, I wrote Daz Connect, meant Daz Central. I've worked around it by manually moving anything I install through Daz Central. 

• hi, i'm having the same problem. Daz is now on the C drive and i'd like to get, at least my content, on my D drive. is this as simple as just moving the Studio folder to the D drive? or do i need to do it thru Daz Central? btw, where is this link: Edit>Preferences>Content>Content Directory Manager. as far as i can tell this new Daz does not have the Install Manager. at least, i can't find it.