Just purchased Carrara 8.5 Pro and I am having problems getting hair and clothing to attached to Vic

jlthornejlthorne Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I have searched through the posts and googled and searched YouTube and I must be the only one not smart enough to figure this problem out. I just purchase Carrara 8.5 Pro and I set up Victoria 5 and try to attach hair and clothing. Sometimes I get the bars on the top like it is adding the item to the scene and sometimes nothing at all happens. One or two of the hair items will show up and a few of the clothing items will show up but for the most part nothing will attached to Victoria 5. I do understand some of the items are for older Genesis figures but there must be a way to use the hair and clothing. I purchased the Carrara 8.5 training course but I could not find a solution in the videos. If there is a tutorial or book to help me get started please advise. If there is anyone will to help me out I sure would appreciate the help.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This would get a better user help in the Carrara users Forum. I can move it there for you if you like.

• jlthornejlthorne Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you, I have never used forums before.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So is that a yes please move? Happy to. But you must ask it out right, is a rule we have.

• ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

The way I do it is:

Create a new medium size scene.
    Drag V5 onto the instance window on the bottom right.
    Drag genesis clothing or hair on the instance window (not onto V5)
    Select the clothing and in General tab of the parameter window select fit to and select genesis.
    Repeat for other clothing items.

Some items do not fit well in Carrara. One solution is to go into the modeling room, select all the polys, and scale up just a tad. I think Studio takes care of this with a smoothing modifier, but Carrara does not have one. Or just try a different hair.

There are other ways to do it as well, but in general, this is my work flow.

ncamp

edited December 1969

Thank you Jaderail, could you please move my post to the correct forum. jlthorne

edited December 1969

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I was out of town, but I am back for the weekend and will try these suggestions out. Thanks

• zaintczaintc Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

ncamp said:
    The way I do it is:

Select the clothing and in General tab of the parameter window select fit to and select genesis.

Some items do not fit well in Carrara. One solution is to go into the modeling room, select all the polys, and scale up just a tad. I think Studio takes care of this with a smoothing modifier, but Carrara does not have one. Or just try a different hair.

ncamp

Why not V5, does V5/M5 work correcty in Carrara?
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:
    ncamp said:
    The way I do it is:

ncamp

I was not telling you to not use V5. It works fine.

I was saying not to drag the clothes directly onto v5 in the instance window, but to drag them into the scene and then select the clothes and tell it to fit to V5.

ncamp

• zaintczaintc Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

I was having an issue before I used auto fit, yet it doesn't seem to work on all the suits

suit_exposure_issue.jpg
    627 x 284 - 63K
    Super_Suit_issues.jpg
    1201 x 380 - 135K
  • paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:
    I was having an issue before I used auto fit, yet it doesn't seem to work on all the suits

Auto Fit doesn't always work on many Items, sometimes you have to re apply it when you bring something in that you saved after using auto fit. Sometimes it doesn't work at all and you will need to manipulate the mesh in the model room.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:

Might actually be an issue with the suit, too - sorry I cannot check right now. If you can't get auto-fit working within Carrara, try it in DS and save the scene as duf and then open it in Carrara.
  • paulg625paulg625 Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

zaintc said:

Might actually be an issue with the suit, too - sorry I cannot check right now. If you can't get auto-fit working within Carrara, try it in DS and save the scene as duf and then open it in Carrara.

Sorry not trying to hijack this but, I set up a Character(fully clothed) in DS and brought it over and it had "Poke-Through" tried to reset using fit and still ended up in the Modeling room to fix. It was fine when it was in DS.