Carrara 8.5 Standard vs Pro differences

jwainscottjwainscott Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I'm thinking about buying Carrara, but I'm still debating. I saw the question posted but didn't see an answer. Is the only differences between Standard and Pro the M5/V6 packages you get? The text descriptions look the same although Pro lets you spread the renders across machines.

Also, how is the 3D modeling in Carrara compared to Daz Studio and Hexagon?

Comments

• SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited November 2013

Yes there is a thread that show the differences in both version

This is link
    http://www.daz3d.com/products/carrara/carrara-tech-specs/

Post edited by Spaceland on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I'm thinking about buying Carrara, but I'm still debating. I saw the question posted but didn't see an answer. Is the only differences between Standard and Pro the M5/V6 packages you get? The text descriptions look the same although Pro lets you spread the renders across machines.

Also, how is the 3D modeling in Carrara compared to Daz Studio and Hexagon?

I can't compare Hexagon as I haven't used it, but I'm pretty sure D/S doesn't really have much in the modeling capabilities. Or did you mean using Hex and the D/S bridge thingy?

Carrara has a vertex modeler, meta-ball modeler, spline modeler and terrain generator. Additionally there's a plant generator and volumetric cloud editor.

From what I've read Standard edition of Carrara is missing a couple tools from the vertex modeler that the Pro version has, but I don't recall what they would be. The Pro version also has other features such as an Ocean Primitive and more import/export options.

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Best option is to go with the Pro version.

edited December 1969

I prefer the Pro version as well!

• SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited December 1969

I always get the Pro version, compare to some other 3D packages, Carrara as a lot to offer with the pro version and the cost is not that high.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

The integrated 3D paint in pro was the deciding factor for me.

edited December 1969

wiz said:
    The integrated 3D paint in pro was the deciding factor for me.

That's a big plus for me as well!