asked and maybe answered????

NytemagikNytemagik Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have asked this before and if I missed the answer I am sorry.

Ok, I am a mac user and love Bryce... obviously not happy.

I run windows undoer parallels and can run Bryce fine in there.
Except that I have to save and import studio files which I make on the Mac.

I know that somewhere in the config files for Bryce and studio, there is a line that points to the other program for auto import.

If I can see the entire mac hard drive from windows and the entire windows hard drive from mac. can't we just re-point the path to the other OS's version of the app??

I just don't know what file defines that path.

anyone????

Thanks for the efforts /answers

john

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,270
    edited December 1969

I can't help because I'm not on the Mac, I'm afraid. It might perhaps be helpful to know that on the PC the bridge is not as reliable as it could be and instead of using it, I usually export from Studio as OBJ and import it in Bryce. That works a charm.

• NytemagikNytemagik Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

it does work, but doesn't keeps losing textures etc. much easier to apply the in studio I think.

But thanks for the reply, we'll figure it out

John

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

For D|S to Bryce the file you're looking for (presuming DS4 and default install) is DAZStudio4>plugins>libdzbrycebridge.dylib. It's not just one path but several and I'd be absolutely amazed if it worked across a Parallels virtualization.

As for losing .OBJ export textures if you open the .MTL file (in TextEdit) that accompanies the .OBJ the order of the textures shown in the .MTL is the order that Bryce asks for in the File Selectors. Not a very elegant solution but it's better then guessing which file Bryce is looking for...

• NytemagikNytemagik Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks. may not work, but I will give it a shot.

never hurts to try!!

John

• Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

Sure doesn't hurt at all - good luck!