MilHorse & MilHorse 2........

shanteshante Posts: 206
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I only recently installed MilHorse 1 after having had it since its first release.
I was wondering however what the major differences are between the original MilHorse and the new MilHorse 2?
If there is a huge improvement giving user blow-away rendering.posing benefits, then i might spring for it but if the differences are not significant, I'll just keep using the old one which is a wonderful model!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

The DAZ Horse 2 is a TriAx weight-mapped figure, which gives it better bends, and uses SubD so it gets smoothed after posing.

• shanteshante Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

The DAZ Horse 2 is a TriAx weight-mapped figure, which gives it better bends, and uses SubD so it gets smoothed after posing.

Which means it doesn't work natively in anything less than Poser9 and needs the Dson importer even for that, right?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited December 1969

Yes, that's right.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Horse 2 does not share UV's with the original MilHorse. Conforming items like manes also do not work out of the box. Morphs for the MilHorse like the unicorn morphs will not work on Horse 2. Horse 2 lacks the foal that you get if purchased the original horse bundle.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    Horse 2 does not share UV's with the original MilHorse...

Horse 2 Mil Horse UV and Clone.zip
    https://sites.google.com/site/crblackthorne/downloads

• rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Personally, if I had to chose, I'd stick with the original Mil Horse. There's been a lack of support for the Daz horse 2 after a brief flurry, as far as I can see. No-ones making textures or poses ( yes - I know you can use Mil Horse stuff, with a bit of mucking about - but why bother ?)The mane and tail on Daz 2 look - plastic ?

When the Mil Horse can out..there was a lot of interest..folks posting images ( and a few moans, as well) that went on for a fair while. I've not seem the same for Daz 2 - it seems to have vanished without much of a trace. Me..personally, as a Poser user - I'm sticking with the original Mil Horse. I'd like to see some comparison pics between the two, actually..in identical poses, textures..lighting - no postwork - "Out of the box" sort of images

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited December 1969

Well here is Milhorse2&1 in comparison for ya same texture ,same pose, same lighting .......no morphs just "out of the box"

MilHorse21.png
    1404 x 911 - 682K
  • shanteshante Posts: 206
    edited December 1969

except for tail & mane don't see much difference at least not for my needs and though late to start using it, having gone from the old P4 Nag, I am loving it.