Carrara 8 Pro serial not working

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

So, new harddrive, yada yada.

Trying to install 8 pro. Downloaded 8 pro, installed....

it's not accepting my serial code for 8 pro. :(

Copied it exactly, no spaces before or after. It's not working! Help?

Comments

• Design AcrobatDesign Acrobat Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

If on a PC - "Run As Administrator"

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Nope, doesn't work. :(

And of COURSE it's a weekend now and I probably won't get help from Daz support until Monday. And I even cleared my whole weekend to have TIME to play with Carrara, and I can't now. *sigh*

Poser, here I come.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Wasn't there something about the code not working if you copied and paste, you had to type it in manually.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,504
    edited December 1969

Chohole i tried typing it as well. I tried all kinds of things, I can't get it to work. I think I remember reading tho that something - maybe if you got more than one copy of 8 (I bought upgrade to 8, then 8 pro, and i think there was another copy of 8 pro...by accident...blah) and then also got the beta 8.5... and i think that one of those break the old serial or something.

Either way, my 8 pro serial doesn't work. :(

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2013

I can't help you on that, sorry. Carrara 8.5 pro is the first version that has ever been on this computer.

I know there was some problems with the serial timing out on 8.5 when it first was released, but not sure if the old beta numbers affected any other versions.

Hopefully one of the more experienced Carrara users will spot this and give you some advice.

Do you have more than one serial number in your account for 8 pro? should start with CDZCPRO-080-

Post edited by Chohole on