installing fails..

keep getting install fail do to some stupid path missing or somwthing... not a clue... everything is set as far as I can tell, from what I've just spent 2 hrs reading I have to asign a path?  which is set, but I can't change because in the "applications" foolder it wont let me select the "beta" on the old 32 bit version... completely lost how to get this thing installed. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 10.28.47 AM.png
769 x 956 - 165K

Comments

• handyman4545handyman4545 Posts: 399

For what it's worth I would guess that the issue is in your system.
    Many including myself, have downloaded this ver and it installed flawlessly.
    To get any real advice "T", you need to look at your hardware against the needs of the software or provide more info on what you're installing this on. i.e. you OS, your RAM, your ROM, your computer etc.
    We can't suggest realistic fixes based on "a noise" and no details as to what it's coming from.

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited May 2019

Hopefully Doc will jump in here and tell us how to do this properly. I came across this problem before (it was a while ago but I solved it) its to do with the installation settings, hidden in the little gear (Account, Help - Top right of the DIM screen).

The other place to check out is the Download Filters - top left of DIM.

The other thing you can try is to install Hexagon Manually rather than using DIM.

Edit - Just spotted this - Not sure if you made a mistake with your screen grab, but that's the Hex Content (examples of 3D models) not the Hexagon Application. As Ascania said in the Beta post, you have to instal the app before you install the example content.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • I just installed Hexagon, and it installed fine, my problem now is that it is asking for a serial number and I don't have one. Where can I find that?

• I just installed Hexagon, and it installed fine, my problem now is that it is asking for a serial number and I don't have one. Where can I find that?

You can copy the serial number to the clipboard by right-clicking on the application's entry in the Installed tab of Install Manager; you can also find it on the serial nubers page of your Daz account pages.