planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies oh my!

I would like 3D models of planets, stars, solar systems and galaxies.  Also moons for the planets and a near by star or two [sun(s)].

How about holographic shaders for them to show virtual starmaps for scifi renders?

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,787

dragonfly_2004 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/solar-system-planets

and there are more.

Are the rings around Saturn a separate fig/prop from the planet, allowing one to put rings around other planets?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,884

WillowRaven said:

dragonfly_2004 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/solar-system-planets

and there are more.

Are the rings around Saturn a separate fig/prop from the planet, allowing one to put rings around other planets?

What's Included doesn't indicate a separate prop for the rings, so probably not.

Gordig said:

What's Included doesn't indicate a separate prop for the rings, so probably not.

Hmmm ... I could still make it work if I can hide the planet in surfaces. If y'all see anyone who has it, let me know so I can ask some questions, pls. 

On a sorta related matter ... I see it goes on sale often, but I need it this weekend, so can't wait for a sale. Does anyone know if Daz honors sale prices after purchase if it goes on sale during the 'return' period? Store credit for the difference or something? Not a deal-breaker, just curious if I should keep track of purchase for a certain period or if it's too much hassle.

• Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263
    edited August 2021

Funny that I was just about to make a comment about this, and this post was here. But how about a planet builder? I have absolutely no idea how that would even work, but maybe if you could make a planet map (I think that's the right word) with the amount of water and land, atmosphere, etc that you want, then the program would place that on a sphere primative and create the bumps for you. Sure this could probably be made manually if you've got the time and the patience, but for people that either are lazy or don't have the skill, it'd be a nice add on. Also - 

WillowRaven said

On a sorta related matter ... I see it goes on sale often, but I need it this weekend, so can't wait for a sale. Does anyone know if Daz honors sale prices after purchase if it goes on sale during the 'return' period? Store credit for the difference or something? Not a deal-breaker, just curious if I should keep track of purchase for a certain period or if it's too much hassle.

To the best of my knowledge, this is not a thing. I considered it once also. We buy something at full price and then later it goes on sale, it'd be great if we could get a store credit for it. However, most of the fine print/asterisk points say something to the effect of "Does not count toward items already owned" or something. If I'm mis understanding your point just let me know, but I think that's what you're talking about. 

Post edited by Gemini Queen on

WillowRaven said:

Gordig said:

Hmmm ... I could still make it work if I can hide the planet in surfaces. If y'all see anyone who has it, let me know so I can ask some questions, pls. 

I have it, and I'm loading Saturn into a scene right now.

Gemini Queen said:

Funny that I was just about to make a comment about this, and this post was here. But how about a planet builder? I have absolutely no idea how that would even work, but maybe if you could make a planet map (I think that's the right word) with the amount of water and land, atmosphere, etc that you want, then the program would place that on a sphere primative and create the bumps for you. Sure this could probably be made manually if you've got the time and the patience, but for people that either are lazy or don't have the skill, it'd be a nice add on. 

I'm not known for my patience, lol ... I usually have deadlines to meet for clients, like the scene I'm looking at planets for. Need it done by Monday if possible. So willing to buy at regular price if need be ... if it will do what I want.

Gordig said:

I have it, and I'm loading Saturn into a scene right now.

Thanks, :)

edited August 2021

The rings are a separate surface, so the planet can be hidden. It does load into the scene HUGE, which I guess makes sense, but just take that into consideration.

RingsofSaturn.PNG
    1368 x 873 - 158K
    Post edited by Gordig on

Gemini Queen said:

WillowRaven said

To the best of my knowledge, this is not a thing. I considered it once also. We buy something at full price and then later it goes on sale, it'd be great if we could get a store credit for it. However, most of the fine print/asterisk points say something to the effect of "Does not count toward items already owned" or something. If I'm mis understanding your point just let me know, but I think that's what you're talking about. 

Sorry ... I didn't see this second part. Back in the DS3 days, they used to do something similar ... but that was when sales were further apart and I think different management.

Gordig said:

The rings are a separate surface, so the planet can be hidden. It does load into the scene HUGE, which I guess makes sense, but just take that into consideration.

Awesome! Thanks for checking for me, G! :D