Medieval Modular World Builder kits.

While I do enjoy the MICK, and Modular Medieval Village as good starters they lack unity in art style and being used together well.

Something I would like to see is something like a mix of the above, where the Buildings are setup in a way such as that there are simple Modular building parts for external view and are hollow, and a similar looking part from the outside that is also usable from the inside where one could build a internal scene that looks in, or a outside scene looking in.

A good starting point of an example would be the Tavern Dining Hall which looks great from inside and if you work at it some could be used from the outside looking in.

This also has the benefit of building a complete dummy town of pure external buildings being used as a template for when a internal scene needs to look out at a accurate town landscape or visa versa.  Along with allowing for quick town building with instances that can quickly be replaces with the real detailed one when needed for a render.

This could lead to many Modular World Builder kits cores each having many expansions/add-ons.  Example of core kits could include; Villages, Castles/Keeps, Wilderness, Dungeons, Caves, etc.  Villages for example could have a core of a few basic staples (having both external only and internal/external versions of building parts); Tavern, Blacksmith, Inn, Adventure Guild, Wells, and a few village terrain tiles.  While say the Waterfront Expansion for the Village core has docks, sea side taverns, Fish market, Water plane, a few simple boats, and a beach terrain tiles.  The Town expansion could include more staple buildings and terrains, props etc.

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,695

Old Town Construction Kit - might be what you're after for the town buildings - modular, create buildings with as many floors as you need, basic interior, ground-plane (and ground shader for use on other surfaces) and 'steps' to help with roads on a hill, also has prop signs for different kinds of buildings and different styles for the building/door colours etc.

• I would love an external version of the MICK. Especially if it had castles. And, if you could combine the internal and external ones that would be even better!