rendernode 8.5 : lense flare not showing

DonleavyDonleavy Posts: 34
edited November 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hi

I tried rendering using two machines and RenderNode. Everything worked out great - except my lense flare effects (on a bulb light) didn't show up at all on the renderings on the slave computer, thus rendering the rendering useless.

Anyone tried this? Should I perhaps open a bug report?

Br, Dl

Post edited by Donleavy on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Unless something radical changed in the 8.x releases, the lens flare is a post render effect and should be generated on the host machine. Unfortunately I don't have a version of Carrara later than C7.2, so I can't test it.

• DonleavyDonleavy Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

wow, that really makes it difficult to use the RenderNode easily if post effects are used in the animation...

edited December 1969

How do you have the network render set up? In C7.2 Pro it was very basic. You had no control of what the nodes rendered. In C8.0 changes were introduced to the network render option that gave the user some options, but like I said, I don't have C8.x so I have no idea how they were implemented.

edited December 1969

I can't see any options that has to do with the render settings. Only general settings. It's completely stupid, if the RenderNode can't render post effects…Then it's useless to me….sigh...

• edited December 1969

Did you copy your extensions folder from Carrara into your Rendernode? The most common reason for a rendernode to render differently is that the extensions folder hasn't been copied? The extensions folder should be in your Program Files/Daz 3D/Carrara8.5 (or similar) location.

Copy that to your rendernode's extensions folder, then try again. You might need to restart carrara and the rendernode for the new extensions to be picked up.

Boojum the brown bunny

edited December 1969

Actually, all the extensions are already in the RenderNode extensions folder - including lense effects….
    Still, the lense effects don't render on the RenderNode...

edited December 1969

Just to eliminate any possibilities:

Is the bulb light within an object, such as a light bulb model or some other object that's supposed to emit light?

edited December 1969

No, it's just a light with lens effects. It renders just fine on my main computer, but all the images rendered on the slave (via RenderNode) comes up without any post lense effects. I can also see that the post effect progress bar don't show when the images are rendered on the slave (network). So annoying.

edited December 1969

Hopefully someone with C8.5 that uses render nodes can test this to see if they can reproduce it!

Speaking of reproducing, can you create another scene and repeat the problem?