HDR preview

Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I bought the HDR ProSets Yosemite Pack One today (seemed like a good deal for a dollar). It renders nicely, but I can't figure out how to see what's going to render before I render it. I load the preset into Carrara, but the scene is blank. I can move the camera and render but I can't find a way to preview what will render. Is there a trick I'm missing or am I loading it incorrectly?

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

As far as I know, the only way to see it is if you use the spot render tool (little camera icon on the left side of your screen by default) in the assembly room. To find the angle that you like, disable the skylight temporarily in the render room, use the spot render tool in the assembly room by spot rendering your production frame. This may take several tries but it will be fast if you turn ooff the skylight first. Once you have found the angle you want, you can save the camera position and re-enable the skylight in the Render room and build the rest of your scene.

Picture_5.png
    245 x 162 - 18K
    Picture_6.png
    238 x 430 - 31K
    Picture_4.png
    679 x 687 - 660K
    Picture_3.png
    688 x 672 - 45K
    Picture_2.png
    52 x 135 - 6K
  • Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Ok--I didn't think about saving the camera position---that's a good idea. I guess it's time to move and spot-render (and repeat as needed)!

Thanks!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Salem2007 said:
    Ok--I didn't think about saving the camera position---that's a good idea. I guess it's time to move and spot-render (and repeat as needed)!

Thanks!

If you disable the skylight temporarily it will really speed up the spot renders. I have a ten year old machine and it did the screen shot I posted in about two seconds with AA set to good.

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

Thanks--I did turn off the light for preview testing. I didn't realize at first the camera distance made no difference---it made things easier than I thought. Thanks again!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

Having some kind of visual preview of the background is something that I requested on the old Bugtracker years ago, unfortunately it has never been delivered.