Particle emitter Flipty flop

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I am using a particle emitter using FACE CAMERA particles. Is the any way to have them rotate at a erratic rate or random way while still facing the camera?

I have a Sprite shader in the particles but if all come out facing the camera in the same orientation it looks like a spray of Easter Bunnies

If they would rate at a random rate as they were EMITTED it could work

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Basically the face camera particle shape creates a 2D billboard that is oriented towards the camera, so I don't think there is a way to rotate them, even if the face of the particle is facing the camera. You could create your own 2D plane and put your image on it and use that as the particle. Maybe you can constrain the angle of rotation for the plane which may translate to the replicated particles? I've never tried it, so it's just a theoretical possibility.

• edited December 1969

ALSO is there anyway to increase the size of the particles over time?

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited November 2013

I just tested it. The size can be keyframed over time. You can also randomize it somewhat by changing the particle size in the Particle Creation section of the Basic tab in the editor. The second field is for some variation.

I noticed there is orientation options as well. Have you tried any of those?

Picture_2.png
    302 x 228 - 21K
    Picture_1.png
    984 x 754 - 104K
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • edited December 1969

Well I should of been clear er on the size I meant the size over time. Say at first emitted .02 in then in 2 seconds grow to 2.0

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well I should of been clear er on the size I meant the size over time. Say at first emitted .02 in then in 2 seconds grow to 2.0

If I understand what you are asking, set the "Size of particle over its life" which is a graphical setting. You can even have the particles grow non-linearly by adding midpoints and adjusting them up or down.

• edited December 1969

Where do I do this?

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Where do I do this?

After selecting your emitter, go into the Particle Emitter modeler. You'll find the option near the bottom left. See screenshot 1.

Click on the blue box to the right of the option to bring up the size adjuster. See screenshot 2.

Particle_Size_2.jpg
    306 x 421 - 28K
    Particle_Size_1.jpg
    469 x 639 - 71K
  • edited December 1969

Exactly what I needed. I hope to show you all what I came up with soon